Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hen party castlebar

• 07-05-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi im organising a hen and the bride to be has expressed a wish to go to see the sawdoctors at the end of july. the only problem is i dont know if there are any good pubs and clubs there that would make it worhwhile. likewise if anyone oculd suggest any good places to stay i'd be very grateful!! thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The Days Inn is very nice and very central in the town - only a stones throw away from the Travellers Friend (I assume that's where the SawDr's are playing) click!
    There are loads of decent pubs lining the streets, one of the resident's might be able to advise you of the better ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

While the following would not be establishments i would choose to frequent, they would be the most "Hen Friendly" i can think of. Bars: Bosh, Bar One or Coxs (all on Linenhall St). For later on either The Lounge or Mantra Nightclub (Both in the Welcome Inn Hotel). With a Hen night it doesnt really matter where you go, the crack will be good anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Days is a fine hotel, just besdie the TF where the sawdoctors are advertised for 31.7.09.

However Days' bar may not be the best place for a hen party. TF have a larger and busier bar, but again haven't seen it frequented by hen parties.

The other pubs in Castlebar are some 100's of yards down the town.

Pubs in Westport are livelier, have more hens and stags - with use of a minibus you may be able to combine the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Lough Lannagh village is just down the road from the TF also, would work out cheaper than staying in a hotel and if you get a couple of cottages you wont have to worry about noise after the club. They put on Breakfast in the lodge too. http://www.loughlannagh.ie/loughlannaghcottages.html

That Saw Doctors gig at the end of July is part of a Festival so there should be a good atmosphere around the town too. Not much on the site yet though.....http://www.theworldfleadh.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kevweed

go dwn da lake 4 da night all you hav 2 do is :
    for every 1 person get 3 bottles of buckfast 1/8th of weed and a condom and your all set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

kevweed wrote: »
    go dwn da lake 4 da night all you hav 2 do is :
    for every 1 person get 3 bottles of buckfast 1/8th of weed and a condom and your all set

I'm sure that's exactly what the bride to be is looking for :rolleyes:. In all fairness, if you're not going to contribute anything to the thread (in proper text), don't bother at all-it's not funny or clever.

OP, have you considered staying in Westport? I've been there twice on Hen nights and had a great time. I've been in Castlebar at a Saw Docs gig in the TF too and the nightclub after wasn't great at all. A bus to and from Westport probably wouldn't cost too much and would only take about 20mins each way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Castlebar wouldnt be a popular spot for hens and stags as far as I am aware. There are a few nice pubs/late bars. Coxs,Bosh etc (been a while since I was out there)
    As others have suggested Westport is about 20 minutes drive away and you can easily rent a few minibuses between both places. Maybe stay in westport, head up to the gig then back down again?

Advertisement