Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards is shíte lately

Options
  • 07-05-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Whats gone wrong with boards, its gone very vey slow lately and gives constant timeouts.

Get it together folks, this shíts driving me mad
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Flyin along for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Fine here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Pog, you better stop all that downloading pr0n.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Your hamachi server is hogging your bandwidths

Though it was running like a hung donkey yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

seamus wrote: »
    Flyin along for me.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    No problems here.
    Nerin wrote: »
    Fine here.
    The mods are sticking together! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can't really comment on what it's like now as I'm downloading and everything is slow as shíte (even thunderbird is taking an age to check emails :)). It's been running fairly solid for me recently though.

According to Ross, yesterday:
    Ross wrote: »
    We got slashdotted last night, possibly responsible for the slowdown.

That said, we're still on the front page of slashdot, and we're doing ok
    http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/06/2246224&art_pos=1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah the slashdot/digg/etc. effect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The answer is you have cheap ass broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its hit and miss, timeouts have been reported the last 2/3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dub13 wrote: »
    The answer is you have cheap as broadband.

468784932.png

Nothin wrong with my connection at the moment. I never feel any contention, even in the evenings I still get fuill speed, I think I'm the only business customer in the town. I've changed dns servers from opendns back to eircom and its the same thing, some timeouts and slowness. Its not just today, its been the last few days and its also happening to a friend, he mentioned it 2 days ago while i was there. And its only boards that I have a problem with, no other sites give timeouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The answer is you have cheap as broadband.

Cheap as what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Indeed...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Could be worse , not like we are stuck in the Apollo 11 capsule patching things up with tin foil and sticky tape now is it ? .

Latchy wrote: »
    Could be worse , not like we are stuck in the Apollo 11 capsule patching things up with tin foil and sticky tape now is it ? .

He's with eircom so I wouldn't be surprised if that is what they are doing. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Credit where it's due, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as it used to be from a technical standpoint.

Boards, that is. I'll refrain from mentioning adverts, for once ;)

Eircom, as mentioned above is in a sorry state. The next time I see one of the gombeens (Hello, Mary O Rourke!) responsible for privatising a key part of our national infrastructure and allowing it to fall into the hands of Aussie asset strippers, I'll reach for my Browning.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hah, they can consider themselves boards.ied now, that'll show 'em, yarr.

/asset strippers, tut tut, this isn't triple x night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Hey OP. Maybe you should read some of my posts. Maybe then boards would be a less shite experience for you.

• Advertisement

Ass wrote: »
    Hey OP. Maybe you should read some of my posts. Maybe then boards would be a less shite experience for you.

Coming from someone named ass I'd say a lot of what comes out of you is shíte. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm downloading about 40 things and it opens instantly. I have **** net also.

Coming from someone named ass I'd say a lot of what comes out of you is shíte. :D
    My username is an ironic username since 100% of what I post is the absolutely quality.

Sometimes one of my posts will be of such good quality that I will need to be wearing a tux to actually post it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Latchy wrote: »
    Though in fairness, they did get to the moon and all we get for our troubles are trolls, lolcats and dodgy pron(and snyper).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

The answer is you have cheap ass broadband.
    Hardly :pac:

468838071.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Please!

469114791.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

468838071.png
    kearnsr wrote: »
    Please!

469114791.png

OOOHH Buuuurrrrrrrrrrrnnnn! :D

overheal just got pwned!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

kearnsr wrote: »
    Please!

469114791.png
    I call shenanigans!

Work broadband doesn't count!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I had similar probs to the OP a few weeks ago during lunchtimes but it sorted itself out. not having problems of late.

Advertisement