Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who could i ask to the debs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

It's MAY!?
    You don't need to invite someone yet!
    Last year, I asked my debs date to come in.. Late July/ August.

Actually, as an indication of how late you can leave it, a friend of mine asked me to his debs the week before or something. And I went.

Actually, I went to 4 debs last year.
    Ergo, I'm really experienced and I've already got 4 dresses.
    BRING ME. :P

(Seriously though, you'll be grand. Most of my friends left the whole debs-asking thing until August. Girls love the debs! You'll have no bother!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

bythewoods wrote: »
    I've already got 4 dresses.
    Why didn't you just use the same one four times? surenowonderwe'reinarecession. :pac:

I forgot about this thing. Didn't pay for it, past the deadline, me not going. I'm so cool like that. I'm also saving money. I could get any girl I want to go with me if I tried. Shut up.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had a close female mate asked to my Debs and all, then it goes pear-shaped and gets cancelled, she was more pished off than I was and it's my Debs.

Davidius wrote: »
    Why didn't you just use the same one four times? surenowonderwe'reinarecession. :pac:

:pac:

What you talkin' bou' foo'? I was stimulating the markets. I was combatting the recession. Something like that. :p
    Actually, I like, borrowed two of them, so I only bought two..
    But one of the ones I borrowed, well, I kept it.

(I wanted to look impressive in the photos)

I'm going to re-wear one of them to my debs this year though, if I actually go..
    So, that's alright then.

But one of the ones I borrowed, well, I kept it.

That's not borrowing unfortunately, I once borrowed money but sure I never gave it back!? Thieving culchies is what caused the recession I tell ye, them and they're millions of Debs dresses, sheep and cattle.:cool:

• Advertisement

Ah, she didn't WANT the dress back.
    It looked much better on me...etc.

Aye though, it's no easy task milking the cows in a debs dress. The challenge is fun though, so that's alright then.
    The cows- they love it.

I actually didn't know that cows were, eh, cattle until recently. I thought cattle referred to the men, And I didn't realise you eat the lady cows. like, I don't know anything. But it's okay- I have plenty of debs dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Lads remember that this is one of life's rare golden moments where you can punch way above your weight and ask someone out of your league :p

Don't leave it too late to ask, picking out a dress and such is a big deal for most girls so you want to leave them with some time.

If its coming closer to the time and you still haven't found someone to ask I'm sure one of your mate's date's mate's (:pac:) would be delighted to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Bring your sexy cousin, everybody's got one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Don't go. Save yourself 200+ euro. Do something better.

Poxy debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

• Advertisement

Futurism wrote: »

Poxy debs.

€200+, my tickets alone were costing €170 and were probably going to go up with a few people pulling out. I had a good €600 budgeted for it, so I'm €600 better off.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

creggy wrote: »
    Are you my twin? I'm in the exact same position as you, all boys school and everything. I bought the tickets in hope I will find some poor girl...:(

thats it duffy, ah i have confidence in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Futurism wrote: »

Poxy debs.

I wanted to do that but friends wouldn't let me.
    I hate those long evening gowns, think they're really ugly :S And that stupid looking fancy hairstyles you have to wear.. urgh.. I'd rather spend the money on a trip to club in London or Barcelona or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

It's MAY!?
    You don't need to invite someone yet!
    Last year, I asked my debs date to come in.. Late July/ August.

Actually, as an indication of how late you can leave it, a friend of mine asked me to his debs the week before or something. And I went.

Actually, I went to 4 debs last year.
    Ergo, I'm really experienced and I've already got 4 dresses.
    BRING ME. :P

(Seriously though, you'll be grand. Most of my friends left the whole debs-asking thing until August. Girls love the debs! You'll have no bother!)

Ours is in June :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Ours is in June :rolleyes:

Go on you Roast!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

I brought a girl that I was seeing and she wasnt from the town. worst thing I ever done because she didnt know any1, Bring a girl thats friends with girls thats already going preferbly with ur friends also can be great craic. Get to know girls also. and remember its ur debs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Bleh. I've already asked a friend of mine. Regret it now, I realise I should've asked some random slut from the big town yonder instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Jam-Fly wrote: »

You should actually do this for the craic!:D:pac:

Do you do debs? lol

Advertisement