Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better cooler,s

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I'd bet on the Freezer 7; it's the industry standard for mainstream and non-120mm-based coolers. The Orb is a very old design (2004 or 2005 AFAIK) and while it was good in its day it might not be so hot (or should that be too hot?) nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

+1 on the freezer, i have one that i use from time to time when changing watercooling rig and keeps it the same as water in idle and around 8-10 degrees higher than water on load

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

+1 on the freezer. I use that and I have no compliants, great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

artic 7 it is then cheers guys any thought on the northbridge mobo coooler im a bit stuck on it

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

What mobo? just wondering how hot it runs, the chipset will do actually

• Advertisement

my mobo is a ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A(V3.1) and from what i read they run hot the chipst is northbridge

I thought the SLIT-A already had a fan on the northbridge? (southbridge is passive though) Besides, unless you intend on really big OCs and have poor case ventilation (never a good combination in any case!) the fan borders on being useless as anything other than a tiny high-pitched noise generator anyway :P

ye it did have a fan on it a mate gave me the board but told me tha fan was nackered i do plan to overclock the cpu anyway how about this http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=7198&sid=14&cid=122&scid=308

please remove me

• Advertisement

Sorry about that, had issues with Boards and FrostyTech earlier. That cooler could do it; after all, nForce5 chipsets only ran hot compared to other chipsets from that generation; they're positively cool compared to some of today's offerings! Here's something a bit stronger. Just make sure you have the vertical clearance! (well, 63mm is nothing really...)

sorry to bug you guys but will this ram and hard drive work with my mobo ram http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=339129 h/d http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=331024 im also looking to put a e6550 cpu into it will it work

Yep, its all good :)

Advertisement