Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea change for FF?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Shay Brennan on RTE news at nine.

Asking for votes, being told always voted FF, but not this time.

Bad enough you might say. But these were serious aul'wans. Core FF types.

And they're telling Séamus' son to eff off if he thinks they're getting his vote. In his da's constituency.

Time was any aul'wan would kiss a FF dynasts' ass.

Not any more. That clip is hopefully where Ireland changed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

Ye I live in Dublin South and beside the tingly feeling of seeing your local supermarkets on the national news, seeing the reaction to the candidates was so satisfying. George Lee has the aul'wans praying for him while FF and the Greens are being ignored. Anybody see the Sinn Fein guy?? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

dave-higgz wrote: »
    Anybody see the Sinn Fein guy?? Not a chance.

It might help if SF went for candidates who had actually completed their leaving cert. Yer man looked 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If that is how things are going to go, then FF are in for an awful hammering in the European, local & by-elections :D . Serves them bloody right for the mess they've landed us in :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dresden8 wrote: »

Poor chap in SF, got a bit of a gruiling. Friend was fit tho.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Friend was fit tho.

Ooh yeeess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

It might help if SF went for candidates who had actually completed their leaving cert. Yer man looked 16.

Ah well I know a 16 year old guy who do much better than him, leaving cert or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If that is how things are going to go, then FF are in for an awful hammering in the European, local & by-elections :D . Serves them bloody right for the mess they've landed us in :mad:

General populace has always been more at ease dealing a heavy blow to FF at these "inconsequential" elections, then putting them back in power when it comes to the big GE. Shouldn't count our collective chickens people.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bad enough you might say. But these were serious aul'wans. Core FF types.

My family is mostly of people who would be Core FF types. All the ones I've talked to have either said they're going to abstain or vote FG in the next election. It's been going this way for a good year now. No surprise really. You'll still have a "Core FF" group in the next election but it'll be smaller than in the past and they're going to have a very tough time building it back up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Look at the runners and study the form. Whoever gets in they'll be shoite. There isn't one politician in this country that doesn't belong to their culture of cronyism and sheer contempt for the ordinary man on the street. Makes no odds who you vote for or even if you vote at all. You lose every which way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm disappointed, read the title as Sex change for FF :(

Anyway, I doubt we'll see any change. What the OP said about people saying they won't vote etc, that's par for the course. People bitch and whine and somehow FF keep getting returned because when people get to the ballot box they get afraid of the change they're presented with.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nevore wrote: »
    What the OP said about people saying they won't vote etc, that's par for the course. People bitch and whine and somehow FF keep getting returned because when people get to the ballot box they get afraid of the change they're presented with.

People not voting makes an enormous difference if these people would normally have voted FF. For a core FF voter not voting is similar to going out and voting FG in that it's undermining FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm not sure I beleive all the protestations that they won't vote at all any more than I beleive the usual protestations that "I've voted X all my life but enough is enough etc."
    IT just seems that no matter how much outrage and railing is done, they get returned time and time again. Call me a cynic but I'll be happy to be proven wrong if Shay fails to get his seat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wouldn't beleive anything people said on the street it could be a different matter on june 5th the only poll that matters

Advertisement