Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost cat

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Anyone any ideas on how to console a toddler after we lost our cat without getting another pet?? We are at the end of our tether with the same question, over & over again..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

it lasts a few days but they do forget quickly.

we lost a cat to the road last november and my 2 were devestated. we explained that he was hit by a car and it hurt him too much to stay in his body so the bit that made him Scruffy left and went to a place where he wasn't sore anymore and that we'd buried the bit that was left in the garden.

my son broke my heart by asking me 'but mommy, why didn't you kiss Scruffy better?' :( and i told him that sometimes people get too sore for a kiss better to work, that i tried but he was too sore and had to leave.

it didn't help that i was pregnant and fairly upset myself and cried every time they asked about him but they got over it quickly and hardly ever talk about him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sona1972

Thanks, that is so sweet. I know what you mean, I keep getting upset when he asks about the cat, hopefully time will help him forget Holly. Kids eh, they just make us into marshmellows..

Advertisement