Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know if you can do a regular leaving cert with youthreach?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I left school a few years back but I want to get my LC and ultimately do arts in UCD. (I want to be a librarian or maybe an Irish teacher eventually, I'm not just aiming for arts cos I've no idea what I want to do with myself. :))
    My only real option is youthreach, I'm too young to qualify for VTOS and I tried going back to a regular school but it didn't really work out.
    What I want to know is, can you do a regular honours level Leaving Cert in any youtheach centres that you know of? Their website says they only do LCA, but I know a girl who's doing a regular LC at ordinary level in the one nearest me and I stumbled upon the website for the centre in Kilkenny on google and it says the programme changes every year. I'm a little confused.

Anyone got any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

My Mother teaches in one, and as far as I know, there's only LCA there.
    Again, I'm not fully sure.
    But you get like, paid to go to school...

Your best bet would be to ring them up.
    Could you not go back to a normal school either? Probably be better.

Advertisement