Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green party.

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Patricia McKenna has quit the greens for reasons I totally understand.
    The greens have gone TOO soft and seem only to make up numbers in the goverment, being to nice to Fianna Fail. PD's in fairness stamped there mark on Fianna Fail and irish politics in general."Maverick" McKenna love her or hate her, she has her principals which we must admire at a time when Irish politics has lost ideology.
    I'm sure there is people just like me who thought the greens would bring back radical politics with liberal views on social justice/equality.
    greens need to man up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Let's face reality: The Greens are an impractical party in today's world (and yesterday's world too). The ideas they want to bring to government just won't work, and we saw this exposed 100% in the last coalition. Their hands were tied right around their backs and they had to 'give-in' to reality.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

I disagree. Many of the so-called core beliefs/aims of the Green Party would be of huge benefit to this country but they have simply rolled over and given up on many of these aims.
    Policies on renewable light bulbs and bicycles seem ridiculous at this time, butif they had the strenegth and courage to force through their ideas on the Health System, Renewable energy projects, public transport, alternative fuels etc., they would be contributing enormously to this country.
    However, when they quite meekly accepted the PD co-location policy, they lost whatever cojones they claimed to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

The greens are idiots and the proof of this for me was when their two cabinet ministers voted to remove the medical card from the over 70,s ( an old story I know ) but they voted for this at the cabinet table without knowing or asking what the income threshold was and then were stupid enough to admit to this fact by using it as an excuse when it all blew up in their face ! Idiots the sooner they go the way of the PD's the better for the economy and all of us !!

Advertisement