Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relapse

Options
  • 07-05-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

its alot better than i expected after hearing crack a bottle and we made you (worst songs on the album imo). and the accent is NOT on every track-the majority are done using his normal voice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just listening now and I have to say I am suprised to find myself liking it.....I thought it was gonna be awful seeing as his stuff has been shíte since the marshall mathers album.

We made you is defo the worst on the album. Beautiful, Deja Vu are both very interesting songs. most of the good stuff seems to come in the later songs on the album...

All in all pretty good and I am by no means an Eminem fan

btw slagging off Heath Ledger and christopher walken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

neacy69 wrote: »
    Just listening now and I have to say I am suprised to find myself liking it.....I thought it was gonna be awful seeing as his stuff has been shíte since the marshall mathers album.

We made you is defo the worst on the album. Beautiful, Deja Vu are both very interesting songs. most of the good stuff seems to come in the later songs on the album...

Not to be anal online but think you mean Christopeher Reeves :D

Really like the album, his rhyming is fantastic. Couple of songs have shades of Marshall Mathers LP which i thought id never hear again. Bagpipes From Baghdad is excellent, so is Deja Vu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah he has that stupid voice in 3am. hate that bloody voice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Holy ****, insane is, erm, insane, is that **** auto-biographical? Would expalin his whole "I hate my moms" attuide and all the crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

haha yeah insane is really crazy,one of the most controversial songs ive heard in a long time! i really cant choose a fav off the album but medicine ball and a few others really stand out 2 me! if anybody wants a link 2 a few of the songs from the album jst let me know!

• Advertisement

Jesus, insane is hilarious.

neacy69 wrote: »

yeah i agree with you beautiful and deja vu are both very deep and interesting songs,wasn't expecting them kind of songs to pop up. im not much of an eminem fan myself but i am,like yourself.really enjoying this album. yeah the heath ledger and christopher reeves references are crazy,exspecially the last verse in medicine ball!

seanybiker wrote: »
    Jesus, insane is hilarious.
    yeah im liking that song,he just goes off on one straight from the 1st line! love the beat and the 2nd verse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the lyrics on some of the songs are deep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Damm, just istened to it. Way better then I tought it was going to be. Buy this download this whatever but his back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Very good stuff alright!

Will be picking it up on the 19th anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

listened to it dont like it yet but im sure i will after a while...crack a bottle still my favourite:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mr180

its a soild album from start to finish better than most of the stuff
    thats come out this year

Only bad songs are two of the singles We made you and Crack a bottle tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

i swear i nearly cried at the start of underground ken kaniff XD (i was a teen fanboy u see ^^)

but really liking this album was afraid it wud be like the last one, deja vu, insane, beautiful are my initial faves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Im really enjoying it so i am.
    I really am taking a liken to "Insane"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If anyone asks for a source for these songs or if any one provides a source you're getting banned. There's already been 10 posts deleted from this thread any more and it's getting locked. This album does not hit retail until the 18th of May.

I didnt like 3am the first few times I heard it cos he was doing that stupid bloody voice on him. Tis growing on me now though, not half bad at all. Bagpipes from Bagdhad is pretty decent. Overall its not to bad at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Listened to the album once, it sounds alot like his first two, which is a good thing, straying away from the rubbish that where the last couple of albums. But the problem is that he is trying to replicate them and using the same formulae and ends up just remaking songs off the first 2 albums, that said, not as good as them. Most likely because back then they where somewhat original, take a celebrity, make jibes at their flaw/weak spot. Although he does mock himself alot this time round. Some people mention his remarks about Heath Ledger and Christopher Reeves are a bit harsh, but to be honest it is expected.
    The songs where he gets a bit creative, for example the one about molestation stand out but are let down by the production, Em singing and the constant OH adlibs.....how many songs start with Em shout OH??
    As mentioned, the production is a serious let down, the beats sound like they where made in a couple of minutes, one even sounds alot like What's THe Difference of Chronic 2001. Hopefully that means Dre is keeping his best work for Detox. But Dre even disappoints on his guest spots.

The one point where i found by head bobbing was when Underground came on but then Em starts singing again, breaks up the whole flow of the song.

I had such high hopes for this and am very disappointed. It will appeal to those that want more of the first 2 albums, and nothing more than that. Me personally, I want to hear more and not settle for the same rehashed songs over again.

OH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I have listened to this a couple of times yesterday & today. Had big hopes for this can can safely say these have been met. I hear lots of people not liking 'we made you'. I don't think it's that bad. 'My Mom' is pretty good (Favourite so far.) 'Insane' is pretty sick/funny.

Will be forking out the dollar for this on the 19th.

• Advertisement

New favourites are Hello & Same song and dance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

his new flow is crazy though it is similar to chamillionaire.
    best song by far is "stay wide awake". best beat is by far "underground".
    crazy lyrics and word play. shady is back.

i seriously cant pick a favorite track off this album,each time i listen to it different tracks stand out! ill definetly be buying this on the 15th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

evil_seed wrote: »
    his new flow is crazy though it is similar to chamillionaire.
    best song by far is "stay wide awake". best beat is by far "underground".
    crazy lyrics and word play. shady is back.

I was thinking the same w/ the chamillionaire style flow he had, man a coupld of those songs the lyrics were insane, but thats typical eminem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i'm quite disappointed with this album with the exception of beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

horsebox09 wrote: »
    i seriously cant pick a favorite track off this album,each time i listen to it different tracks stand out! ill definetly be buying this on the 15th

buying ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

stupid accent annoys me its ok but not what i'd waited for

ah well there is another one in a few months mabey he'll use his normal voice more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I thought this album would be on sale today , but apparently not, generally albums released the Monday following a weekend are pre released on a Friday but not this album. This is with HMV btw.

Can anyone tell me where I can get this album today, apart from downloading(which I could have in 5 mins)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Slim Shady is back! Thank God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Chong wrote: »
    I thought this album would be on sale today , but apparently not, generally albums released the Monday following a weekend are pre released on a Friday but not this album. This is with HMV btw.

Can anyone tell me where I can get this album today, apart from downloading(which I could have in 5 mins)?

I doubt anywhere will break the release date.

Also, avatar theft is a crime.

Advertisement