Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery Alarm System

• 07-05-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help. :)
    We have a homeguard scopetronic europlex technologies Alarm in the house. It was there when we moved in and we were never given the code for it. It hasn't bothered us as we've never used it. But recently we had some electrical work done in the house and the power was off for a while. The upshot is that the alarm system is now showing up as ARMED. :eek: it displays "_" on the display. Also the light is flashing out side on the box
    Would anyone know if there is a way to reset it to be Disarmed:?
    Is it possible to enter a code to reset the code to allow a new code be entered?
    Will disconnecting all the power do any good?

The alarm has many many points, Windows, sensors, doors etc, the house has been redecorated a few times and I couldn't say if all the contacts are working.

Thanks for all and any input.
    :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the power has been off it has possibly defaulted to factory settings.
    Try enter 04567 if it disarms U will display on the screen.
    If not you could try defaulting the panel as follows.

Remove all power mains & battery
    On the main PCB remove the factory link marked LK1
    If there is a plug on board with a link marked LK1 remove that also.
    Power up the system again
    Replce both links & enter 04567 to disarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Thanks a million for the information, I’m going to give it a shot later on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Let me know how its goes for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dinefwr

The manual can be downloaded online from http://ukpanels.com

Advertisement