Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow Town Council Elections 2009

Options
  • 07-05-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

So how do people think this will go and who are you voting for.
    Below is the list of candidates so far.

Fianna Fail:

Dan Joe Fitzgerald
    David Willis
    Roy Willis

Fine Gael:

Noel O Conner
    Richard Dempsey
    Breda
    Eddie Ward

Labour:

Jerry Mullaly
    James Kennedy
    Roisin Lucey
    Ronan Sheehan

Sein Fein:

Willie O'Regan
    Stella O'Sullivan

Independents:

Johnny Bottles
    Eddie Finn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kopman83

A lot will depend on the Sean Sherlock vote whether it is personal or a Labour vote. will his vote go to the Labour candidates or not that is the big question

Id call it
    1 Fianna Fail (Dan Joe)
    3 Fine Gael
    3 Labour
    1 Sinn Fein
    I indo

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Here are the results from the Town Counil 4 years ago.http://electionsireland.org/counts.cfm?election=2004T&cons=624

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I can't vote for Mallow town council, only the Mallow area of Cork County Council. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the cadidates running for that? The only two I know of right now are the two FF candidates, Dan Joe Fitzgerald and Trish O'Dea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 summer09

Have some of the candidate canvass cards at the moment. What seems very obvious from them and from the postering in the town, is that all the political parties candidates outside on Sinn Fein are all working independently.

The Sinn Fein Canvas card has both candidates side by side and their posters for each candidate shows the other at the bottom. They seem to be working together as a team which is refreshing to see as in the past it has been quite obvious that candidates only think of themselves rather then their party in general.

Is this the norm with other parties and is this the norm with Sinn Fein in other areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I spoke to Eddie Finn their today and he's a lovely man but what i disliked about him is that his leaphlet focused on national rather than local issues :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

the place is filthy with election posters!!!!

the place is filthy with election posters!!!!
    Totally agree.
    I see Roisin Lucey has an ad in the local paper about that.
    She has no election posters up.
    For that alone I am seriously thinking about giving her my number one.
    Was talking to her about two weeks ago and she seems like a lovely genuine person who is interested in Mallow and bettering it for everyone.

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Totally agree.
    I see Roisin Lucey has an ad in the local paper about that.
    She has no election posters up.
    For that alone I am seriously thinking about giving her my number one.
    Was talking to her about two weeks ago and she seems like a lovely genuine person who is interested in Mallow and bettering it for everyone.

She's a genuine person. I know her since we are small. she only lives down the road from me.

Interesting point is that Roy willis(FF) has a son thats going out with Willie o Regan's(SF) Daughter lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kopman83

i have had a few candidates to the door and by far the most impressive has been Roisin Lucey. My vote will defo be going to her especially after the stance she has taken on the posters. New blood is badly needed for the town.

kopman83 wrote: »
    i have had a few candidates to the door and by far the most impressive has been Roisin Lucey. My vote will defo be going to her especially after the stance she has taken on the posters. New blood is badly needed for the town.

Its great too see she's taking such a wonderful stance on 'no posters' maybe she should have spoken to her own party first as all other candidates are well pictured around Mallow.:eek:

• Advertisement

Miss Lucey is great :) She's defently gonna be high up for me.

But I was reading last week's star and I was disgusted at the amount of candidates discussing pension levies and all that thrash. I would much prefer it if they stuck to the local issues like the floodworks and the main street.

Saw a crowd of Labour coming through the town today.
    There was Jerry Mullaly,Ronan Sheehan,Roisin Lucey and James Kennedy.Sean Sherlock was with them aswell.
    Does anyone have one of those websites where you can select your candidate.
    Would be cool o put one up here and see if the boards members will predict who gets elected.

Sean sherlock is a great man. He's done a lot for my family as did his Dad Joe RIP.

2 Great men in my opinion

Saw a crowd of Labour coming through the town today.
    There was Jerry Mullaly,Ronan Sheehan,Roisin Lucey and James Kennedy.Sean Sherlock was with them aswell.
    Does anyone have one of those websites where you can select your candidate.
    Would be cool o put one up here and see if the boards members will predict who gets elected.

Great to see they are all getting on for a change.... but i bet Mullahy and Kenndy weren't too close to Sherlock. Oh the things candidates do to get elected........:o

With regards to websites for candidates, i don't know of any but these are usually a load of crap as the same people vote again and again.

Rather than starting a new thread I hope it's ok if I post up the list of candidates for Cork County Council Mallow area:
    Ahern, Anthony (FG)
    Barry, Tom (FG)
    Finn, Eddie (IND)
    Fitzgerald, Dan Joe (FF)
    Mullally, Jerry (LAB)
    O'Connor, Noel (FG)
    O'Dea, Trish (FF)
    O'Regan, Willie (SF)
    O'Shea, John Paul (IND)
    Sheahan, Tom (FG)
    Sheehan, Ronan (LAB)

Willie O'Regan and Jerry Mullally are my top two at the moment. Trish O'Dea seems like a good candidate aswell but I don't know enough about her to give her a first or second preference. Saw John Paul O'Shea on Prime Time and I have to say I wasn't too convinced by him.
    I think it's madness that FG are running four candidates - surely that will just split the party vote too much? Now I don't like FG but at local level I'll vote for the best candidate regardless of their party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

MEP related rather than town council, but thought I'd post here for humour value. Was behind Kathy Sinnott on main street yesterday as she approached two old boys on a bench in front of the church.

Kathy: "Hello. Can I give ye these leaflets?"
    Old boy #1: "No."

She recovered quite well once she picked her jaw off the floor and wished them a nice day...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

If Roisin Lucey is the same one who worked at Urru, then she always seemed a pleasant person. As for the rest of Labour Mallow, to me they seem rather technologically challenged in that some of them do not respond to simple email queries, still stuck in the 19thC?

Manach wrote: »
    If Roisin Lucey is the same one who worked at Urru, then she always seemed a pleasant person. As for the rest of Labour Mallow, to me they seem rather technologically challenged in that some of them do not respond to simple email queries, still stuck in the 19thC?

That would be her alright Manach.
    Will be giving her my number one anyway.
    Would be good to get some young blood in there for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

Anyone know how you can find results of local council elections.. or d'urban council as me da calls it..

Hoping that Roisin does well.. couldn't vote in them myself as i'm a country girl.. so glad Ronan Sheehan got a spot.. and Mulally didn't...

ELECTED TO CORK COUNTY COUNCIL, MALLOW AREA:
    Dan Joe Fitzgerald (Fianna Fail)
    John Paul O'Shea (Independent)
    Ronan Sheehan (Labour)
    Noel O'Connor (Fine Gael)
    Tom Barry (Fine Gael)

lilminx, I don't think they're finished with the urban elections yet. I know that 4 people have been elected: Kennedy, Mullally and Sheehan for Labour and Noel O'Connor of FG.

I don't know where this information came from but this post gives the tallies after the 5th count. It looks as though the remaining 5 seats will go to:
    Dan Joe Fitzgerald (FF)
    Willie O'Regan (SF)
    Roisin Lucey (Lab)
    Richard Dempsey (FG)
    Johnny "Bottles" Griffin (IND)

• Advertisement

1st Count:

KENNEDY JAMES
    O’CONNOR NOEL
    MULLALLY JERRY
    SHEEHAN RONAN

7th Count:

FITZGERALD DAN JOE
    O’REGAN WILLIE

11th Count:

LUCEY RÓISÍN
    DEMPSEY RICHARD
    GRIFFIN JOHNNY “BOTTLES”

Didnt Get Elected:

FINN EDDIE
    O’RIORDAN BREDA
    O’SULLIVAN STELLA
    WARD EDDIE
    WILLIS DAVID
    WILLIS ROY

god damn Sean Sherlock.

1st Count:

MULLALLY JERRY

http://www.corkman.ie/local-elections/all-change-for-mallow-1764980.html

Some confusion over Mullally for a while. Someone told me he was elected and gave up his seat but the above seems to clarify...

Oh dear...

lilminx wrote: »
    http://www.corkman.ie/local-elections/all-change-for-mallow-1764980.html

Some confusion over Mullally for a while. Someone told me he was elected and gave up his seat but the above seems to clarify...

Oh dear...

No Confusion.:rolleyes:
    This thread is for Mallow TOWN Council.:p

Mullally Lost his seat in Mallow LEA County Council.:eek:

Seems to be a mild case of confusion to be honest.. knifewrench added county council as a topic to the existing thread and after another post discussing Mullally et al, I posted up latest info as I found it.

So apologies if the original TOWN thread was bastardised to included COUNTY but it was all relevant.

Townies and country folk..

Can't we just all get along?!

Advertisement