Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Business Group

Options
  • 08-05-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hey all.

i've seen things like business groups in many other cities but not in Galway. does anyone think a small group of people that got together every now and again would help young entrepreneurs make a go of it.

I mean a youth group kinda set up but for entrepreneurs!

Anyone got any feedback on the subject?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bah, got sucked into attending one of these things before, aparantly where groups of different business' get together and scratch each others back. Didn't follow my ethos of business so I made a quick exit and never looked back - Got a free brekkie out of it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

yeh i heard of one of those things before.

was thinking of more like a young entrepreneurs group where everyone shares advice and maybe even form a partnership out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Would this not be the same as the Galway Chamber of Commerce?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

sgthighway wrote: »
    Would this not be the same as the Galway Chamber of Commerce?

Dont think so, the chamber charges a membership fee etc etc, this seems to be more a statup generation networking idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

yeh i heard of one of those things before.

was thinking of more like a young entrepreneurs group where everyone shares advice and maybe even form a partnership out of it.

It's a very good idea in theory, but do you honestly think i'd openly share my business practises with a bunch of other people, thus increasing the competition? Not a hope in hell buddy - If someone can figure it out on their own then fair play, I deserve to have the competition, but not a chance i'm spoon-feeding it to someone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

It's Galway Open Coffee kinda a social business group, mostly young startups there IT related
    http://www.galwayopencoffee.com/

Advertisement