Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review website

Options
  • 08-05-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi Guys i have no experience at this but have just set up this website www.seag.ie any chance i get some feed back on it my aim is to keep it clean and simple easy to read and use am i on the right lines any suggestions

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i dont think its a bad website, simplistic and to the point. Good place to start from - assuming that you would keep building on it.

nice straight forward color scheme too which is carried through all the pages. CSS might be handy to implement if you start growing the complexity of the site.

Its very white, thats one thing that i might look at. the natural break you created with the outlining box might be a possibility to have a lighter color on the back ground ouside your box leaving the white in the main part.
    you have a full stop under the heading green line that kinda looks out of place... and i know your probably but a good bit of work into having the green dot to the top left of the links setup on mouse down... but... ack :)

one last small point (very small :)) - the alignment across the pages of the menu bar on the left seems to be pixels out on one or two of the pages, its a bit more noticable on firefox that IE. thing to keep in mind for designing a site is to keep in mind what the viewer will be looking at, so checking different browsers, different screen sizes etc.

/positive feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭noreds

Hi Suirfire

If it is something that interests you I would recommend picking up a copy of "Learn HTML and CSS: An Absolute Beginner’s Guide" by Sitepoint. You can get it in Easons and most other bookshops. http://www.sitepoint.com/article/html-css-beginners-guide/

It was the first book I started out on and helped me a lot. I liked it so much I ended up reading a lot more and signing up to web design courses.

Few quick tips.
    The Contact Us page can be greatly improved with a simple and free form from Wufoo.com.
    The Find Us, you can add a Google map to that page fairly easily.

If you need any help feel free to pm me with your email and I'll send a few links your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Very clean design.

Split the southeastampute keywords and add 'Ireland' to them.

The meta description text could be better and more detailed. eg: "South East Ireland Amputee Group website. Information on.... etc"

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Simple, basic - does the job it needs to. Good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 spiderpig2k7

Hi,

Nice simple layout, good job.

On your contact page your email is listed as "www.mick@seag.ie".... email addresses don't have www in them.... it should read "mick@seag.ie".

• Advertisement
Advertisement