Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**help needed** Book Published by irish team?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering if anybody could help me out, I remember a book that was published a couple of years back and it was about nutrition and the players favorite meals, and was wondering if anybody knows were i can get my hands on a copy or if it is still being printed?

this is my first post so sorry if it is in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Jaysus, never even knew that existed. That's gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/1575.php

Geordan%20Murphy,%20Ronan%20O%27Gara%20and%20Simon%20Easterby%20pictured%20at%20the%20launch%20of%20%27Eating%20to%20Win%27.jpg
    EATING TO WIN!

The first ever Irish Rugby Players' cookbook has just been launched. Titled 'Eating to Win' the cookbook features recipes for the favourite dishes of most of Ireland's top Rugby players, from Brian O'Driscoll to Paul O'Connell to Simon Easterby.

'Eating to Win' will retail at €14.95 with all profits going to the Irish Rugby Union Players' Association (IRUPA) Injured Players Fund.

The 100 page, full-colour cookbook also includes a Q&A and a brief biography for each of the featured players and a comprehensive nutritional guide. Each player chose a pre-match and a post-match favourite recipe, and each of the 38 easy to follow recipes includes a nutrient analysis per serving.

While it contains some very useful nutritional information, 'Eating to Win' is light-hearted and packed with amusing asides. 'Lady in Red' is Ronan O'Gara's party piece, cotton wool drives Donncha O'Callaghan mad, Geordan Murphy would like to be an actor, and coffee is Gordon D'Arcy's one true vice.

'Eating to Win' will be available at Eason's, Hughes & Hughes and selected bookstores and outlets nationwide. Buying directly from IRUPA representatives at selected upcoming provincial games will mean that a higher proportion of cover price (€14.95) goes directly to the IRUPA Injured Players' Fund.

"'Eating to Win' is highly informative, easy to use, and fun to read," said Niall Woods, CEO, IRUPA. "Whether you're a rugby fan, cooking enthusiast or just plain curious about your favourite players, there's something here for everyone."

'Eating to Win' has been published on behalf of IRUPA by Zahra Publishing Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

I found a copy online for a fiver if you're looking for one.

Advertisement