Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Varmint .243

Options
  • 08-05-2009 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All

does anyone know anywhere that has a used T3 Varmint in .243 in stock ?

how much should i pay for a used example ?

Does the Tactical come in .243 ?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

The tactical is only in .223, .308 or .300WM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Stakelums Thurles had an open night last night for the new hunting shop, I saw a few Tikka's there but I don't know what calibres they had. Give Sean a ring.

15% off accessories and 5% off other stuff until next week worth a visit if you're near there. They had a good deal on Howa's with a scope and Savage rimfires with scope sling and gun bag.

Thats a good deal clive. I'm heading over there myself today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Also worth giving Paul O Halloran (Drangan, Tipperary) a call on 052 52112, usually has a few tikka's in stock new and s/h and prices are always very fair.

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Also worth giving Paul O Halloran (Drangan, Tipperary) a call on 052 52112, usually has a few tikka's in stock new and s/h and prices are always very fair.

I bought my 2 tacticals off him. 100% sound

• Advertisement

YES I forgot to mention Paul in Drangan. Good man to talk to and deal with.

clivej wrote: »
    YES I forgot to mention Paul in Drangan. Good man to talk to and deal with.

Bought a fair bit off of him over the years and he is always very reasonably priced and holds good ammo stocks too, decent fella too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

Tikkat3 wrote: »

Many thanks for the recommendations lads.

How would the prices of the dealers you mentioned compare with Duffy's in Galway ?

I bought my last rifle there.

Magnusd wrote: »
    Many thanks for the recommendations lads.

How would the prices of the dealers you mentioned compare with Duffy's in Galway ?

I bought my last rifle there.

In fairness I dont think it would be fair for anyone to compare dealers prices on an open forum but the best thing to do is ring them and compare yourself. Thats not a cop out answer either :) just what I would do myself.

Often dealers can have stock which is bought in during periods of favourable/unfavourable exchange rates which would also affect trade in margins too so the best thing is to ring around for best price and see how you get on.

Hope you get a good rifle at the right price and you will be very happy with a Tikka I think, I know I am with mine :)

There are plenty of places cheaper than duffy's. Shop around, in these days cash is king.

• Advertisement

Best to phone them all yourself to get a real quote.

I got my CZ style 22lr from Duffy's, My CZ varmint from Stakelums Thurles, and getting my Sako 75 038 from John Greene Kilkenny. So shop around for the best deal that suits you.

Thanks for the advice.

So you reckon you can ask for discounts in the present market ?

Magnusd wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.

So you reckon you can ask for discounts in the present market ?

You can always ask. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

the tikka t3 lite in 243 can be got for 950euro

jwshooter wrote: »
    the tikka t3 lite in 243 can be got for 950euro

Any idea how much the Varmint can be had for ?

look at www.shoot.ie for tikka price guide

Advertisement