Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do and see in glasgow

Options
  • 08-05-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

myself and the oh are heading to glasgow the 1st to the 5th of june. im looking for recommendations for hotels restaurants and general things to see and do from people who have previously been.

many thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭waterford_21

If you fly in with Ryanair to Glasgow Prestwick the train service into Glasgow city is excellent, frequent and very cheap.
    I've often stayed in the Glasgow Jurys Hotel in Jamaica St. - very reasonable and it's just a short walk from the train station, and right next to the main shopping/theatre/restaurant areas so you can't go wrong.

As far as what to see/do. If you like Art/Museums don't miss the Hunter Museum & Art Gallery - its great day out. There is also an amazing exhibition called INSPIRED open in the Mitchell Library running to September. There is a tourist office in the centre of the town near the main train station, so drop in there and you can book trips to the Lochs etc. They are very helpful.

Enjoy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭DanR

I can tell you what not to do...

Don't go on the p*ss with your Scottish mate from 12pm and then pass out on the sofa at 8pm when you go home to "freshen up and get change".

When you finally wake up at 3am everything is closed - doh!:o:o:o

Advertisement