Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone feel the Wellington Earthquake?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭

Was only a small one at 3.4 but apparantly was quite noticeable. The new hospitals built on shock absorbers so I think that's why I didnt feel it but my girlfriend who works in newtown said it felt like there was a wave!

Ive been here over a year now and still havent actually felt one :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

There has been a couple in Auckland since I came here. I've only ever felt one, was about 3.4 too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Nope, people in the same office as me felt it but I must have been walking around or something because didn't feela thing. I've been in NZ exactly a year today and have never felt one even though there has been a fair few.

I think it's better that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I felt that one! Was talking to someone at the time who didn't bat an eyelid. I was about to jump under the table shouting "It's the big one!"

Was only 3.4 alright but very close to town.

Funny- there's been two in two weeks now. I can't remember the last one before that that I felt.

Advertisement