Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election issues and policies?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or is there a complete lack of debate over any issue or policies ahead of the elections.

It seems everyone is just basing it on current economic climate and that FF will lose out to FG and Labour

I have seen absolutely nothing from any candidate about their plans for Local government or especially, Europe. Indeed there are people running for MEP that I had never heard off before I saw their poster yesterday...and they expect me to vote for them in a few weeks time?:rolleyes:

Councillors and MEPs will have absolutely no influence on how we solve our economic climate so the only reason i can see is that people aim to hammer FF in the hopes of forcing a general election

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep its pretty terrible, i think FF are in hiding, no-one wants to talk about anything in case it brings up lisbon, even the locals aren't up to much.
    funny on vincent brown when he tried to get your woman from libertas to explain her policies on what passing back of laws to local governments she would have in mind and she couldn't answer - came across as a muppet with no idea really much like a lot of them.

Advertisement