Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greenloan ireland

• 08-05-2009 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

http://greenloan.ie/index.html

Anybody know anything about theses guys?
    It looks very slick but fails to have any real contact information, no privacy policy and is very thin on who they are.

My concern is that it has a legitimate look about it, without any evidence thereof

They are distributing leaflets in our estate now. The leaflet has nothing to say who they are.
    Thanks

ps the reason I am looking into this is that an elderly neighbor paid 800 euro cash for a BER yesterday
    The mobile number given rings out:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

I did a quick credit check on them and Greenloan is not registered as a limited company in Ireland. They are listed on the CRO website as a business name (i.e. sole trader or partnership) that resides in Tourmakeady in Co. Mayo. There is another company business name from Castlebar in Co. Mayo called "The Greenloan Scheme"

You can request the names of the people behind this business from the CRO, but it will cost you EUR 2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

I'd be cautious about them, there's a lot of cowboys jumping on the green bandwaon lately.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Carlow52 wrote: »
    ps the reason I am looking into this is that an elderly neighbor paid 800 euro cash for a BER yesterday
    The mobile number given rings out:(

unless they live in a 10,000 sq ft mansion.... that is disgraceful

get the MPRN number from your neighbour and check the NAS. the assessors name and number will be attached to the cert. Report this person if it is clear an abuse has occurred!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

sydthebeat wrote: »
    unless they live in a 10,000 sq ft mansion.... that is disgraceful

get the MPRN number from your neighbour and check the NAS. the assessors name and number will be attached to the cert. Report this person if it is clear an abuse has occurred!!!.

They said they would be back with the cert/report :o so I have nothing only a conned elderly person.
    Thanks all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 danner1

I have set up a cluster with Greenloan and have found them to be 100% trustworthy so far.They seem to be very contactable respond quickly to emails never put on hold for prolonged periods of time and always callback.With regards to the BER cert for €800 thats a disgrace and should be reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Carlow52 wrote: »
    They said they would be back with the cert/report :o so I have nothing only a conned elderly person.
    Thanks all the same.
    Why not be there with your neighbour when they do call around or get him to call you as soon as they are there.

dont forget the baseball bat

Advertisement