Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Club Opening - Swords

Options
  • 08-05-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's true that there's a new nightclub opening in Swords - up beside the VHI Swift Centre? Is it Wrights?

I've seen the building and there's mad flashing lights in the brick work. Just thought it's a bit of a strange place to have a nightclub and it's pretty near to a nursing home too.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I read something in the Fingal Indo a while back that suggests it is Wrights. It's going to be several different bars in one building and will have a stage for live shows too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Speaking of which, has anyone ventured into the new wine bar in wrights in swords? Still waiting on reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Yes it is going to be Wright bar and nightclub.

Im not sure if Wrights in Swords is moving up there or if its going to be a second Wrights. The one in the village has only rented that space from DHL. So who knows lets hope for 2 Wrights! :)

Also a TGI fridays going in and numerous other resturants.

I think its a good spot for it to be honest. There are too many pubs in Swords village and public order offences in swords village at weekends are equal with temple bar. So no harm pulling them some of the crowd away from the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Elliee wrote: »
    I think its a good spot for it to be honest. There are too many pubs in Swords village and public order offences in swords village at weekends are equal with temple bar. So no harm pulling them some of the crowd away from the town!
    Seriously? Where did you get those stats from :confused: Never seen a ruck on Swords Main St EVER. Heard of plenty of rucks in "The Central" years ago, but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Sizzler wrote: »
    Seriously? Where did you get those stats from :confused: Never seen a ruck on Swords Main St EVER. Heard of plenty of rucks in "The Central" years ago, but thats it.

Heard it at the north country dublin residents association a.g.m.

The community garda speaking at the meeting made the above statement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Its WRIGHTS allwright !:D

Here is a brochure : The Wright Venue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

sharkman wrote: »
    Here is a brochure : The Wright Venue

I don't think your link is working.

Download the PDF File .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

as if one wrights wasnt bad enough

apparently the top floor will be VIP only. considering the calibre of vip thats allowed into their other place, this one should be even more cringing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Still, it'll be nice to have a TGI Fridays within driving distance :)

Wonder will they have any joy getting tenants for all units?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

wrong i'm afraid, the DHL thing is a rumour. dhl only rents that building and now only occupies the first floor there (the other two are being rented out to new companys i believe). i know dhl rent from a landlord so i dont know if wrights rent from the same or if they own their section of the building :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Elliee wrote: »
    Heard it at the north country dublin residents association a.g.m.

The community garda speaking at the meeting made the above statement.
    Sensationalism given the audience me thinks. Theres no way Swords (or any suburb for that matter) could rival the city centre for rucks, unless the cops in Swords are simply better at catching offenders which would be fair enough given the size of the main street!
    Táck wrote: »
    as if one wrights wasnt bad enough

apparently the top floor will be VIP only. considering the calibre of vip thats allowed into their other place, this one should be even more cringing

"VIP's" - ROFL ! What a joke! People merely embarrassing themselves. What VIP's are they going to get in Airside? The manager of the tulip inn :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i'd say harvey norman himself would be worthy of a booth.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Speaking of which, has anyone ventured into the new wine bar in wrights in swords? Still waiting on reviews.

Personally I think it's now the best place to go for a few beers (yes, beers) in Swords. Lovely cool lager on draught (they have Staropramen on draught), nice atmosphere, small and cosy, nice decor, friendly staff. Bit pricey but sure, where isn't in Swords these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

kcools wrote: »
    Personally I think it's now the best place to go for a few beers (yes, beers) in Swords. Lovely cool lager on draught (they have Staropramen on draught), nice atmosphere, small and cosy, nice decor, friendly staff. Bit pricey but sure, where isn't in Swords these days.

No way? Staropramen is gorgeous. I must venture down. Cheers Coolsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Be handy to stroll to and back from. If it's Wrights II however i think it will be a swerve from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sizzler wrote: »
    What VIP's are they going to get in Airside? The manager of the tulip inn :rolleyes:

LMAO at that! :D

Where's the wine bar in Wrights? Is it a separate section? Haven't been out in Swords in a good while.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

This could turn into a massive flop, they started building at the height of the boom, and will have to get 2 other tenets in other then TGIs and Starbucks, its a bloody huge place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Larianne wrote: »
    LMAO at that! :D

Where's the wine bar in Wrights? Is it a separate section? Haven't been out in Swords in a good while.

Wine bar is round the corner from main Wrights entrance. Has a separate entrance - opposite the post office (was a kebab shop and a cafe for a while before if I remember correctly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

You are a month too late , I posted it back on 09-05-2009 .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Did anyone else here that TGI's pulled out?

Kiera wrote: »
    I bloody hope not but neither would it surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kiera wrote: »

They haven't. Its opening july 10th

Davy wrote: »
    Sweeeeet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Davy wrote: »
    Ah thank god for that. Was looking forward to their pitchers of cocktails :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

TGIs have signs up outside it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Is the whole thing opening on July 10th or has the club already opened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Fairly sure the whole thing is opening that night, the club is for defo.

Advertisement