Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Club Opening - Swords

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I see they're doing shuttle busses from Malahide, Swords and Howth now. Good idea. Also there's a bus going from Dawson Street for €10 return. Not sure if that will be a regular thing.
    Its only opened a fortnight and they are getting desperate enough to put on free buses :o

The refusual stats posted here sound they they came out of a bingo machine.

I see one of the guys covered the place on Total Exposure as a reporting piece, he said it would be a VIP spot and people from Europe would be coming to it...LOL. Funny stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sizzler wrote: »
    I see one of the guys covered the place on Total Exposure as a reporting piece, he said it would be a VIP spot and people from Europe would be coming to it...LOL. Funny stuff !
    Swords is a multi-cultural area:D

I saw the stats but can't remember them off the top of my head, wasn't it something like 2300 let in & 14 refused, from what I've seen of any club in the city centre that'd be a case of letting pretty much anyone in, I'd find those stats hard to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Gillo wrote: »
    Swords is a multi-cultural area:D

I saw the stats but can't remember them off the top of my head, wasn't it something like 2300 let in & 14 refused, from what I've seen of any club in the city centre that'd be a case of letting pretty much anyone in, I'd find those stats hard to believe.

Exactly, those stats are bullsh!t!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Sizzler wrote: »
    Its only opened a fortnight and they are getting desperate enough to put on free buses :o

The busses aren't free, it's €10 return and they only leave at 11 & 12pm from 3 venues. Findlaters Howth, Dawson st and Gilbert & Wright Malahide.

I went a few weeks ago and tbh I wouldn't be rushing back. Too many staff, very small dancefloor and we got are drinks swiped by the staff twice!! Bit overkill imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Are the buses marked as "the wright venue" or are they being run by an independent operator?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

It's 10 euro return from Malahide, Howth and Swords the same as it is from town? I thought they were free for those three. Can anyone clarify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Whats the story with the bus return journeys, what times they go out. Is it just for people who have return tickets, or can you just get a single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Davy wrote: »
    Whats the story with the bus return journeys, what times they go out. Is it just for people who have return tickets, or can you just get a single?

Friend received some free passes for next Saturday night .. so how's this place doing now after the honeymoon period of it's first few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Was thinking that myself. Everyone I meet asks me about the place coz I'm from Swords, but I haven't gone and probably wouldn't go unless it's free. I'm a poor student. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Nico22 wrote: »
    Friend received some free passes for next Saturday night .. so how's this place doing now after the honeymoon period of it's first few months?

Passes wont be worth fook all when some gimp on the door refuses you for not being a "regular" LOL.

Heard two lads on the bus talking about it the other day and one was telling the other how him and his g/f went up last sat night and the bouncer told them they werent coming in as the ENTIRE place was booked out for a 21st, while they watched other people stroll in :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Larianne wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself. Everyone I meet asks me about the place coz I'm from Swords, but I haven't gone and probably wouldn't go unless it's free. I'm a poor student. :)

I haven't been yet, but i have heard its free in before 11.30 on fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah I saw that on the website. Might have a look sometime soon so.

Advertisement