Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coddle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Buy a small piece of smoked bacon or ham then and cut it up.

I'm pretty sure me mammy always uses vegetable soup in her coddle. God its tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

denat wrote: »
    I've been thinking of trying coddle but I find the use of "rashers" off-putting. Has anyone seen the sh1t that comes out of rashers when you fry them?

If anyone knows where, in Ireland, to get rashers/bacon suitable for use in this or any other recipe, I'd love to hear about it.

You can use ribs, pancetta or collar bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    never tried coddle thanks to me being sligoese.
    i'll try it during the week. ye pesky dubs better be right!

sorry you wont be able to pull it off you folks on the west coast are to rough and dont get me started on the sligoese:D

enjoy:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Lidl do bacon misshapes - ideal for coddle...

denat wrote: »
    I've been thinking of trying coddle but I find the use of "rashers" off-putting. Has anyone seen the sh1t that comes out of rashers when you fry them?

If anyone knows where, in Ireland, to get rashers/bacon suitable for use in this or any other recipe, I'd love to hear about it.

get the healthy ones from tesco - bacon medallions - all the fat is removed so you're just left with the heart of the rasher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 chellypoo74

Coddle eaters are mad feckers altogether! You're hilarious lads. I just made a big pot this evening and got a high five from my long suffering boyfriend. Result! Gotta love that pot of floating mickies!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

chellypoo74, please do not drag up threads that are more than 6 months old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement