Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8GB Housing???

• 08-05-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Has anyone ever changed or have the info on the how to change THE FULL housing on the 8GB.Just bought a brand new "white" from ebay UK(before anyone says anything I have the housing rite now and I cant tell the difference,even weighed the covers against each other and they are the same)

NRC here in Waterford is a ignorant p***k so wont be asking him cause I know what he will tell me

Hope someone cant help,as me old cover is battered,checked youtube and couldnt really find anything,mostly just for the N95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

key this into google and download .

N95_RM-159_160_245_320_321_SM_Level_1_2.pdf

I hope you didn't but a cheap piece of sh*t off Ebay. Non OEM housing replacements are generally poor quality & poor fitting. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Thanks dodzy,you are a legend :)

Looks very hard though,you know of anyone who done it?rather give it someone who knows what to do after seeing that manual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Completely changing the housing is a bit more difficult then just the fascia. It is doable if you take your time. I didn't look at the instructions posted but with good instructions it makes it easy to follow. The worst part is probably the slider. You may want to give it a try, because you may be changing it back after the white gets grubby, it will show the dirt quite fast in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No prob. Don't be scared of it. Just take your time and ensure you have the correct tools to hand. I know the drawings are daunting. That said, i'd still be concerned that the unit you bought from Ebay was cheap.

An example here shows what is most likely an original part while here is a piece of substandard sh*t which could wreck you mentally trying to assemble and the NOKIA print will most likely be the first to go!

It is very much a case of "you get what you pay for". If you have cold feet, bring the unit to Sigma Communications on McKee Ave, Finglas, Dublin 11. They will replace the full OEM housing. The phone will be as new when you get it back. Bill... €50. This applies to all nokia handsets. It seems to be a set fee. Hardly worth it for a low end unit but for N95 / N96 thats looking a bit worse for wear, it's a good investment in my eyes.

Edit: Davy is correct about the colour you have chosen by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

Its easy to do just get a T5 the Nokias are very modular take about minutes but be careful around the front cover as its held on with little clips as well as the little screws.
    Take your time easy to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Good luck if your doing it yourself. Check the main plate with the hole in it, the edges are not to sharp. The hole is where the ribbon cable goes through from the screen. As you use the slider the ribbon moves up and down, if the edge is to sharp it can be resting against it and damage it, which will leaving you getting a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

dodzy wrote: »
    key this into google and download .

N95_RM-159_160_245_320_321_SM_Level_1_2.pdf

I hope you didn't but a cheap piece of sh*t off Ebay. Non OEM housing replacements are generally poor quality & poor fitting. Best of luck.

Can this be downloaded for free anywhere.I have Googled this like you said,but when I try to download (tried several of the google links) they all ask for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

I got it for nothing,just hit the "free user or new user" logon on rapidshare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

power2614 wrote: »
    I got it for nothing,just hit the "free user or new user" logon on rapidshare

Thanks,eventually got it to download after a few tries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I've done it on a 4gig... not for the faint of heart. Mine didn't end well. blew a micro component on the main board (was wearing static strap) the main board is very sensitive.. and the slider is fiddly to say the least.

i ended up replacing my n95.

good luck.

Advertisement