Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Thanks for this - I have just got access to PAYE Anytime - could you point me in right direction now to claim back overpaid tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

It's still a form, you just fill it out online. As I said, from 2013 onward you need to use Form 12. When you log in to PAYE there should be a link on the page to fill out a Form 12. It will allow you to select the year and then fill in all the relevant income info....
    or you can click on the year at the top and fill in the different details, then request a P21 for that year, which will calculate any moneys owed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thanks for this - I have just got access to PAYE Anytime - could you point me in right direction now to claim back overpaid tax?

There are videos at the login page to show you what to do. However once you are logged in, click on the 2014 tab. Click request P21 on the left side of the page and follow the onscreen prompts.

I already filled in the form 21 there so I take it I just leave it for them to sort noe - no need to request the P21?

I already filled in the form 21 there so I take it I just leave it for them to sort noe - no need to request the P21?

Can you clarify what paper form you filled out? I'm not familiar with a form 21?

• Advertisement

Can you clarify what paper form you filled out? I'm not familiar with a form 21?

Sorry I meant form 12

Sorry I meant form 12

If you filled in a manual form 12 tax return already then when it's processed a form P21 will issue to you. For future reference a form 12 tax return is only required to be completed by those PAYE workers who have additional non paye income or are requested to do so by Revenue.
    One of the reasons paye Anytime was created was to cut out unnecessary form filling and manual processing by both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Q: My wife started her first job in Ireland two weeks ago. Does she have to fill out Form 12A and send to Revenue or does the employer do it? She has created a PAYE anytime account but so far no sign of employment details showing up. Is this unusual and/or because she hasn't completed Form 12A?

Tristram wrote: »
    Q: My wife started her first job in Ireland two weeks ago. Does she have to fill out Form 12A and send to Revenue or does the employer do it? She has created a PAYE anytime account but so far no sign of employment details showing up. Is this unusual and/or because she hasn't completed Form 12A?

She needs to complete a form 12a herself and send to Revenue.

If you filled in a manual form 12 tax return already then when it's processed a form P21 will issue to you. For future reference a form 12 tax return is only required to be completed by those PAYE workers who have additional non paye income or are requested to do so by Revenue.
    One of the reasons paye Anytime was created was to cut out unnecessary form filling and manual processing by both sides.
    ah, thanks for clarifying that. It's much better than the old Form 11, which was very long and more detailed than necessary for a PAYE individual.
    Tristram wrote: »
    She has created a PAYE anytime account but so far no sign of employment details showing up.

Even if you start a new job and send a previous P45 details to Revenue or new employer info, it often doesn't show in your PAYE until the end of year when you declare your income to get a P21.

• Advertisement

Doh - I filled in the Form 12 on PAYE anytime online! DO I need to do anything now to correct or just let it sit?

There's nothing wrong with filling out a Form 12. It just has extra fields for declaring your incomes, like interest on savings, other incomes, but best of all, you can claim your medical expenses through it much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Oops I think I made a mistake guys. I was looking at my paye anytime and saw the form 12. Thought it might have something to do with usc so filled it out for 2013 and 2014 confirming all the credits i claimed on anytime back in jan. Naturally I claimed on any time in jan for credits for those years but said I'd fill in those forms just in case.

Did I make a mistake or is everything ok ? I have no other income bar my paye salary.

as far as I know, that's ok. It's only necessary in order to declare other income. The fact that you went to the trouble to fill it anyway, I can't imagine would be a bad thing... I used to claim med expenses back, dunno that it can be done any other way online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Gatica wrote: »
    as far as I know, that's ok. It's only necessary in order to declare other income. The fact that you went to the trouble to fill it anyway, I can't imagine would be a bad thing... I used to claim med expenses back, dunno that it can be done any other way online.

I've claimed back for med expenses using the regular paye anytime after getting my p60. So bar other undeclared incomes it sounds like it's not neede for the likes of me.

Thank you for your help..!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me can I claim online for relief on tuition fees or it is only with the physical form you send in? I've checked PAYE anytime and can't see it anywhere. Maybe I'm missing the obvious!

SeaFields wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me can I claim online for relief on tuition fees or it is only with the physical form you send in? I've checked PAYE anytime and can't see it anywhere. Maybe I'm missing the obvious!

Paper form I'm afraid with the receipt showing the fees paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I've just a couple of questions: How long does it take to receive a p21 back? And when I do get it back where will I find it on PAYE Anytime?

Thanks

TheGunns wrote: »
    I've just a couple of questions: How long does it take to receive a p21 back? And when I do get it back where will I find it on PAYE Anytime?

Thanks

If all in order 48 hours. You will find it in your request history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

If all in order 48 hours. You will find it in your request history.

I've been waiting since the 1st, its moved from pending after a couple of days. So I should be contacting them?

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »
    I've been waiting since the 1st, its moved from pending after a couple of days. So I should be contacting them?

A certain amount of claims are taken for manual checking. Quite a few get looked at at this time of year, due to for example incorrect pay and tax details being input online. Drop them a note via my enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

anyone having trouble with PAYE Anytime? Trying to claim medical receipts and it won't let me beyond the "Pay and Tax" screen. Everything's filled in and there are no error messages, it just won't go onto the next screen. I've tried multiple different browsers on different PCs. Spoke to someone in revenue who's only suggestion was to keep trying (I might as well have been speaking greek).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LusciousOis

so I know this will probably be a ridiculous post but I haven't a scooby doo on tax and the likes.. I recently set up my PAYE Anytime to claim my P21. That went grand but I see for each year it says I have Personal Tax Credits that I can claim? It says the gross relief due is €XXXX and gives me the option to claim this amount. Can anyone tell me what this means? I feel as if I claim it it will mess up my monthly pay slips or mess up something down the line in the future. Any help would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

so I know this will probably be a ridiculous post but I haven't a scooby doo on tax and the likes.. I recently set up my PAYE Anytime to claim my P21. That went grand but I see for each year it says I have Personal Tax Credits that I can claim? It says the gross relief due is €XXXX and gives me the option to claim this amount. Can anyone tell me what this means? I feel as if I claim it it will mess up my monthly pay slips or mess up something down the line in the future. Any help would be great. Thanks
    A Personal Tax Credit is due to every individual who is resident in the State. The tax credit due will depend on whether the individual is single, married, in a civil partnership, widowed, a surviving civil partner, separated, divorced, or a former civil partner.

www.revenue.ie -

If you're claiming credits through the website then you get refunded through the bank account that you give them in the form. This shouldn't mess up with your future pay slips or credits.
    If you owe them money on the other hand, they they will apply previous year's money owed to the credits of the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Hi my wife is a nurse, she's heard of colleagues claiming a uniform allowance?! Is this a thing? I've looked through her PAYE anytime and can't see anywhere to claim for such an allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Hi my wife is a nurse, she's heard of colleagues claiming a uniform allowance?! Is this a thing? I've looked through her PAYE anytime and can't see anywhere to claim for such an allowance

Look up flat rate expenses for nurses, the amount of the credit depends on whether she supplies/launders the uniform

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folks I have to claim back for my sons braces - have the form printed out but do I put his name on it or mine?

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks I have to claim back for my sons braces - have the form printed out but do I put his name on it or mine?

Whoever paid the fee makes the claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I've just registered for PAYE anytime and they're sending me my PIN by post (I chose e-mail, but apparantly even though they give this option, they can only send by post for some reason).

Anyway, my question is, to register, I had to use my 2015 P60, but I had two jobs over the last year (My P60 from my current job is due in the next week) and I was wondering, can I register more than one P60?

I'm due tax back from my current job for last year, but am worried I won't be able to use it on top of the one I registered from my last employment. I can't find info about this anywhere in the FAQ's.

Advertisement