Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

niallo24 wrote: »
    I requested my P21 statements online for the past 3 years there last week. It says it takes two days but can't see anything when I log on under the requests tab?

It should be in your previous requests or messages inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    It should be in your previous requests or messages inbox

Its there, no longer under pending requests. But when I click into the request it says:

"The following pay and tax information was added for the year 2010/11/12"

Then its just blank.

Yet I got 17 euro credited to my account today by the collector general?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

niallo24 wrote: »
    Its there, no longer under pending requests. But when I click into the request it says:

"The following pay and tax information was added for the year 2010/11/12"

Then its just blank.

Yet I got 17 euro credited to my account today by the collector general?

Did you tick the go paper free option in the profile page? If not then the p21 gets sent via snail mail to the address revenue have on file for you. If you had selected the go paper free option and the p21 is not in your requests history then you need to contact Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I have just received my pin and signed in for my first time
    It says my personal tax credit and paye tax credit has been claimed
    I have never claimed anything.is this normal

skinny90 wrote: »
    I have just received my pin and signed in for my first time
    It says my personal tax credit and paye tax credit has been claimed
    I have never claimed anything.is this normal

Yes this is normal. The personal tax credit and PAYE credit form part of the basic tax calculations carried out every time you are paid by your employer. If you were not granted them automatically each year you would be paying far more PAYE. The link below explains more.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/faqs/how-do-i-work-out-my-tax.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Yes this is normal. The personal tax credit and PAYE credit form part of the basic tax calculations carried out every time you are paid by your employer. If you were not granted them automatically each year you would be paying far more PAYE. The link below explains more.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/faqs/how-do-i-work-out-my-tax.html
    So put simply I'm nt entitled to any of it back.even tho it says claimed?

skinny90 wrote: »
    So put simply I'm nt entitled to any of it back.even tho it says claimed?

The personal tax credit and PAYE credit are not money. They are part of the taxation system when used correctly ensure that you pay the correct amount of tax. There are circumstances where they might not have been used correctly like for instance if you had multiple jobs in one year you may have been overtaxed or undertaxed due to employers not having your correct details. Or you may have been in receipt of a taxable jobseekers payment.
    The only way for sure to figure it out is to sit down and work it out yourself or use the online system to request a p21 balancing statement for every tax year you want to query. The result in most cases is you will have paid the correct amount of tax. You may also have underpaid or overpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Just to be clear

They are credits- not refunds.

Claiming your credits just means that they have been applied to you to be credited against any tax that may arise.

If no tax arises, you can still have claimed credits but not have applied them.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Hi
    I left my job in August, so I went about claiming my tax back. I requested a P21 balancing statement online for 2012. On Page 2 of this, it states my combined total of tex credits. Does this total get refunded? Not sure if I need to do anything else just wait?

Thanks smile.png

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Hi
    I left my job in August, so I went about claiming my tax back. I requested a P21 balancing statement online for 2012. On Page 2 of this, it states my combined total of tex credits. Does this total get refunded? Not sure if I need to do anything else just wait?

Thanks smile.png

As has been stated multiple times "tax credits are not money".

You state that you requested a P21 for 2012. This will show you pay and tax details along with any overpayments or underpayments for 2012 only. If you are looking for a refund of tax from an active tax year while you are unemployed then its a form p50 you need.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/tax-refunds.html

• Advertisement

Hi Relax, thanks for your response.

Yes I know about the form P50 and about sending that and parts 2 &3 of my P45 to the tax office, but I heard there is a way of doing this online, but just cant figure out what exactly to do..
    Im in Canada and if I have to I will post on the forms I will, but Ive heard of people doing it online on PAYE anytime, and as im registered, and if there is a way to do this Id be grateful if someone who knows could tell me.
    If there isnt a way to do it online, then I will post on the forms.
    Thanks

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Hi Relax, thanks for your response.

Yes I know about the form P50 and about sending that and parts 2 &3 of my P45 to the tax office, but I heard there is a way of doing this online, but just cant figure out what exactly to do..
    Im in Canada and if I have to I will post on the forms I will, but Ive heard of people doing it online on PAYE anytime, and as im registered, and if there is a way to do this Id be grateful if someone who knows could tell me.
    If there isnt a way to do it online, then I will post on the forms.
    Thanks

It can't be done online for an active tax year. You will have to use the paper forms unfortunately.

Thank you for clarifying this. I thought there was a way to do this online, and was going around in circles trying to figure out what it was.
    Ill just have to post on the forms so.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jesso2

Hi Guys, I was just checking my partners tax credits on PAYE anytime and realised he had no PAYE tax credits for 2012 and 2013, I applied these credits. Will he get a refund for these? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Is he a paye employee? If yes and he paid paye in those years , he should get refunds yes

Yes Citizen, he is an employee and was paying tax etc. Is it a refund or through his pay? I just added that credit. How do we get refund? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

jesso2 wrote: »
    Yes Citizen, he is an employee and was paying tax etc. Is it a refund or through his pay? I just added that credit. How do we get refund? Thank you

For 2012 if he is due a refund it'll be in the form of a cheque or lodgement to the bank account the revenue has the details for and for 2013 the refund will be made through your employer

Apply for a balancing statement on payeanytime for 2012

Thank you for the replies Guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hi guys, just a couple of quick questions...

I registerd on PAYE anytime and requested a P21 for 2013 and 2012, however on the "Your requests" screen it says, P21 - TAX YEAR 2012 for both of them. The option for request it on the 2013 page is no gone, did I do this ok?

Also I am ineligible for Rent tax credit this year and last year, but eligible for it in 2010. I've been renting since 2007 but with a difference property every year bar for my current place where I have been since July 2012.

It then asks me to "add property", do I add the property I was in in 2010, or my current one?

Many thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a couple of quick questions...

I registerd on PAYE anytime and requested a P21 for 2013 and 2012, however on the "Your requests" screen it says, P21 - TAX YEAR 2012 for both of them. The option for request it on the 2013 page is no gone, did I do this ok?

Also I am ineligible for Rent tax credit this year and last year, but eligible for it in 2010. I've been renting since 2007 but with a difference property every year bar for my current place where I have been since July 2012.

It then asks me to "add property", do I add the property I was in in 2010, or my current one?

Many thanks for any help.

You can't request a P21 for the current year, wait until after 1st Jan and request it again.

Put in the details of the property you're claiming the rent tax credit for, i.e. The one you were renting in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Got an email today asking me to forward my p60 to an email address SWPaye@revenu.ie. I use paye online services frequently. Never got an email directly.

Note the misspelled 'revenue'. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid.

Is this genuine? Someone might save me a phone call to check with them directly.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Got an email today asking me to forward my p60 to an email address SWPaye@revenu.ie. I use paye online services frequently. Never got an email directly.

Note the misspelled 'revenue'. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid.

Is this genuine? Someone might save me a phone call to check with them directly.

It happens quite a bit at this time of year when people input their own pay and tax online. A lot of the time users enter incorrect figures, so a p60 is need to verify it. Quickest way to request it is normally to email. Check the senders email address. It's looks like whoever sent the email just misspelled it as the correct email address for the south west is SWPAYE@revenue.ie.
    Call the 1890 number if you ate still unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Hi lads hoping somebody could help me here.

In 2013 I worked for just under 6 months.
    It was my first job on the books so I was getting emergency taxed and I claimed my emergency tax back 3-4 months in, after that I continued to work for another 2 months getting taxed normally.

I am not working at the moment as I am studying. Am I entitled to anything?

Hi lads hoping somebody could help me here.

In 2013 I worked for just under 6 months.
    It was my first job on the books so I was getting emergency taxed and I claimed my emergency tax back 3-4 months in, after that I continued to work for another 2 months getting taxed normally.

I am not working at the moment as I am studying. Am I entitled to anything?

Nothing tax wise if you havnt worked in 2014. Maybe try the state benefits forum .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I was on mypaye last week and was inputting medical expenses etc btu when I went to claim my rent tax credit (have been claiming since 2008) the heading was darkened and would not allow me to select it.
    Can anyoen tell me if the conditions or procedure for this credi thave changed again?

nope - just give them a call -

Well, balance statement came back and it says all is correct and I am owed nothing.

Strange. Every year until now I've gotten something. Never have I been told that everything is balanced in perfect harmony. I always assumed that they 'overcharged' as a rule of thumb.
    Although, this is the first time that they issued me with the figures and instructions to input same.

Perhaps they are swindling us?

Well, balance statement came back and it says all is correct and I am owed nothing.

Strange. Every year until now I've gotten something. Never have I been told that everything is balanced in perfect harmony. I always assumed that they 'overcharged' as a rule of thumb.
    Although, this is the first time that they issued me with the figures and instructions to input same.

Perhaps they are swindling us?

Normally everything is in order and there is no refund due. Refunds usually come about by claiming additional reliefs or credits. If there's nothing additional to claim and all was in order there is nothing to refund.

• Advertisement

Normally everything is in order and there is no refund due. Refunds usually come about by claiming additional reliefs or credits. If there's nothing additional to claim and all was in order there is nothing to refund.

Lovely jubely, thanks for clearing that up.

Advertisement