Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do I say how much rent I paid and bin charges on Form 12 please? Can someone answer ASAP please I dont want the session to time out... Is it Other Lump sum on the dropdown menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You can only go back 4 years with refunds so will lose quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

How long does it normally take Revenue to update their records in relation to your pay and usc details from the previous year?

I work part-time and don't earn anywhere near the threshold for usc so have claimed it back the last couple of years. I started a new job at the end of September and my pay and usc details are listed as "not on file" on paye anytime for my new job. I am owed emergency tax aswell from the beginning of this job.

Are they just behind or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

_meehan_ wrote: »
    How long does it normally take Revenue to update their records in relation to your pay and usc details from the previous year?

I work part-time and don't earn anywhere near the threshold for usc so have claimed it back the last couple of years. I started a new job at the end of September and my pay and usc details are listed as "not on file" on paye anytime for my new job. I am owed emergency tax aswell from the beginning of this job.

Are they just behind or something?

Revenue have no idea what your pay and tax details are until your employer(s) tell them. Employers provide this information to Revenue by either submitting a p45 when you finish work, or if you were still working for them at the end of the year, a P35. Employers have until the middle of February to file the end of year P35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Revenue have no idea what your pay and tax details are until your employer(s) tell them. Employers provide this information to Revenue by either submitting a p45 when you finish work, or if you were still working for them at the end of the year, a P35. Employers have until the middle of February to file the end of year P35.

Ah right that would explain it! My employer still has to submit a P35 for me. Thanks for the info! Learned something new. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Is anyone having problems getting their Tax Credits Cert from PAYE Anytime?

It says document not found for mine, it used to work fine. I was on hold for ages this morning trying to get through to them only to have them tell that if there's a problem it will be fixed, which isn't much good to me if I'm signed up for going paperless and can't access my documents online either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Gatica wrote: »

It says document not found for mine, it used to work fine. I was on hold for ages this morning trying to get through to them only to have them tell that if there's a problem it will be fixed, which isn't much good to me if I'm signed up for going paperless and can't access my documents online either.

was online this evening and mine was there . make sure you have the PDF reader

Thanks for checking. yes I have a PDF reader and all the updates on IE, FF... Only didn't try chrome. It would come up with a different error if it was missing application rather than a missing webpage.
    I'll call them back today... *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

How blind do you have to be to get the blind tax credits? I have about 5% vision in one eye and need glasses for the other one.
    How do I find out about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

junospider wrote: »
    How blind do you have to be to get the blind tax credits? I have about 5% vision in one eye and need glasses for the other one.
    How do I find out about this?

Any help ?
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/credits/blind-credit.html#section2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

Thats it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

How long does it generally take revenue to pay back an overpayment of tax into your bank account if you do everything online?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    How long does it generally take revenue to pay back an overpayment of tax into your bank account if you do everything online?

About 3 working days if all is in order. Did you receive your P21 in your inbox confirming the overpayment?

Is anyone seeing the maximum amount of rent tax credit they can claim for 2014 as zero? Anyone know what the story is there? I claimed 1200 in 2012 as that was what it said was the maximum allowable in ROS, reduced to 1000 in 2013 and now it says the maximum is zero, have they eliminated it or something?

Nevermind, had to manually enter my landlords details plus my rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

I earned around 7.5K in 2014 as a part time staff and paid USC 90.50€. IM assuming I could claim it back? Receiced my P21 on the 4th Feb It says "Offset Against Payee 90.50€ 2010 final result Overpayment. Can someone explain this to me.thanks in advance.also I do have payee anytime online and cant see an option to claim USC.

You don't claim USC separately, like a credit. If you received a P21 and it says that you overpaid, then make sure that your bank details are entered in your PAYE online and you'll get a refund into your bank account.

Mac2010 wrote: »
    I earned around 7.5K in 2014 as a part time staff and paid USC 90.50€. IM assuming I could claim it back? Receiced my P21 on the 4th Feb It says "Offset Against Payee 90.50€ 2010 final result Overpayment. Can someone explain this to me.thanks in advance.also I do have payee anytime online and cant see an option to claim USC.

It sounds like your USC overpayment was offset against a 2010 underpayment of PAYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We are due to get some tax credits for some qualifying work that was done on the house, and some medical expenses. However because we are on a pension we pay very little tax. Does that mean that the difference between what we do pay and what the credits are is lost? I think the Home Renovation Incentive credit was only payable over one year.

If what you're applying for is tax credits (since you say you're due tax credits refund), then you can't get back more money than you pay into the system, (e.g. your tax was calculated at 10, your credits were 2, so you paid tax of 8 (that is 10-2); end of year you have health expenses to the value of 3 so now you're applying for a further credit of 3, so you'll get 3 back. However, if you're applying for a credit of 9, you'll only get 8 back, since that's what you paid, not 9.)
    otherwise you'd be making money off the state for your taxes.

However, if you're applying for some sort of benefit that's paid to you, then that's separate from Revenue's tax system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

looksee wrote: »
    We are due to get some tax credits for some qualifying work that was done on the house, and some medical expenses. However because we are on a pension we pay very little tax. Does that mean that the difference between what we do pay and what the credits are is lost? I think the Home Renovation Incentive credit was only payable over one year.

You can't claim back more in tax than you have already paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks, that is what i was trying to confirm. It does mean that if you have a low income and get necessary renovations done to your home you get less encouragement than if you have a high income. Oh well!

So a few weeks later and their IT team still has not fixed this issue. It's the worst service for tech support, anywhere else you have account issues, it's always been fixed within days... taxpayer funded service for the citizens, and lo and behold, they're unable to do it in any reasonable amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Sorry if this is already been asked.

I overpaid tax last year as I only worked 9 months of the year. I am an employee.

I downloaded ROS Offline and filled out a Form 11 to claim a refund. However when I went to register online I wasn't able to. I put in my PPS number from my payslip but it won't let me register it throws up the error as "Number entered is not valid for the Tax Type selected."

Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

So a few weeks later and their IT team still has not fixed this issue. It's the worst service for tech support, anywhere else you have account issues, it's always been fixed within days... taxpayer funded service for the citizens, and lo and behold, they're unable to do it in any reasonable amount of time.

Got it sorted a week later. :cool:
    Sorry if this is already been asked.

I overpaid tax last year as I only worked 9 months of the year. I am an employee.

I downloaded ROS Offline and filled out a Form 11 to claim a refund. However when I went to register online I wasn't able to. I put in my PPS number from my payslip but it won't let me register it throws up the error as "Number entered is not valid for the Tax Type selected."

Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

Are you self-employed? If you are then you need to fill out some forms to register as a self-employed person which gives you access and another account number for ROS. Then you'll be able to submit a Form 11.

PAYE is only for those who do not calculate their own tax. Their online service can be used to declare income for past 4 years and claim medical and other tax credits. You can register for it online and again, some forms and pins, etc...

http://www.revenue.ie/en/online/index.html

No I am employed only.

How do I reclaim overpaid tax? Do I just send them form 11 in the post?

No, you cannot use Form 11. Form 11 is for self-employed...

All forms and info is available on the revenue website. Form 12 is now available for PAYE income and to claim back tax.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/tax-return-forms.html

So I complete Form 12 - Can I send it online?

Use PAYE Anytime. No need for forms.

https://www.ros.ie/selfservice/enterRegistrationDetails.faces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

If you are not already registered for online "paye anytime" this process takes about two weeks.

You do not need to fill out form 12 unless you have other income than your PAYE income, or Revenue has requested this from you.

Just ring Revenue next week and ask them to review your tax for whatever year you require for up to 4 years previous. If your employer has sent in your p45 details they will review your taxes there and then and if you are due a refund it usually takes two weeks to issue to you.

Advertisement