Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Show With Best Soundtrack

Options
  • 08-05-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

What tv show do you think has the best music?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Freaks and Geeks.
    There's only eighteen episodes, but every one contains at least four or five songs, either from the sixties, seventies or very early eighties, including David Bowie, Jackson Browne, Cream, Jethro Tull, Billy Joel, Rush, Queen, Van Halen, The Who, XTC and Warren Zevon.
    The US DVD release was delayed while they sorted out all the copyright clearances, but every song that was in the original broadcasts was also on the DVD version, though I'm sure problems permitting use of the same songs for DVD outside the US has done the chances of a Region Two version no favours.

Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes are great as well, but a few songs had to be replaced for the DVD of Life on Mars, not least Tom Waits' I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love with You. I can't believe nobody had the foresight to realise Mr. Waits is notoriously fussy about such things when they chose it for the episode.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

The Sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Dexter has a great soundtrack if you're into Latin stuff. The theme tune and end credits are great too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

eamon234 wrote: »
    Dexter has a great soundtrack if you're into Latin stuff. The theme tune and end credits are great too.

Jesus i hate Latin music. Great show but man that music killed me at least once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I have to agree, The Sopranos gets my vote also. Great music, with perfect placement in a great show. Entourage/Californication stand out too!! :cool:

Advertisement