Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mounting brackets for an ethernet switch?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    have seen a D-link DES-1024D 24 port switch for sale but there are no mounting brackets for the rackmount cabinet with it.
    where would one get such brackets? are all switch brackets the same?
    any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The mounts on customer grade switch/router/AP are just two notches that you hooks onto two standard screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

um, i thought most of them were L-shape flat brackets with 6 screws for each... 4 on the router and 2 on the rack rail.
    any ideas anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

You are both right. Even on domestic ones you will have the L brackets but you can also have the "wings" already on them as part of the faceplate. On that model Im afraid though the brackets are an add on. I have an old 1016D and the brackets are screwed to the side. Im not sure where you would get spares. I had a 1024D which I threw out recently purely cause I hoard faulty kit for years and hope I will find a use for some part of it..! I rarely do.

An email to D-link would be no harm. Im sure they have them for a couple of Euro.

Advertisement