Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE - sense of humour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

0001c0be10dr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

nah - you need the caption also!!

"Carlton cole is still nursing a groin injury"

brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

And then there's this from Damien Richardson:
    [Didier Drogba] appears completely devoid of comprehending the trauma and inner turmoil endured by my very self to in order to facilitate the arrival at such an admirable junction in my spiritual development that, initially, surprised me greatly, and then enabled me to expunge myself of so many demons that I was beginning to believe that I was ready to transcend to the spirit world itself.

You have to understand. I have been involved in professional football for so many years that I had long harboured thoughts that my soul had emigrated to the outer edges of the universe and I would have to spend the next couple of lives traversing the wilderness in an effort to reconcile myself with that exquisite source of internal splendour... [continues for several pages]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

shotamoose wrote: »

That's just the norm for Rico though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

No wonder no one understands LoI. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

That is actually some of the worst writing I've ever read. Wow.

It's like he put it through Google translate from some obscure language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hold on, is that really an article from Damien Richardson or just someone taking the p1ss???? It's got to be a p!sstake, surely??!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

That was my initial reaction too, but then I'm not familiar with the man's work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Wow, sounds like Rico got a theasuraus for his birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ha you people are obviously not too familiar with the mans work. That's pretty dumbed down by his standards. Believe it or not, it's not just his writing, his post match interviews/punditry are the exact same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

His programe notes are bloody brilliant works of utter nonsense.

Love roci!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Rico is a legend. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Is Damien Richardson Socrates in disguise? Thats the philosopher, not the Brazil midfield legend ;)

Advertisement