Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Branch of Irish Whiskey Society

Options
  • 08-05-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Calling all whiskey fans ...

Hi All, I have been involved in the set up of the newly formed Irish Whiskey Society. We are just barely off the ground but still crying out for new members. However it currently is mainly a Dublin based operation and I'm in Galway so looking for a few Galway people to come on board and hopefully we could get a Galway branch going. Please feel free to contact the Dublin group if you are Dublin based too.

There is so much more to whiskey than Paddy, Powers and Jameson and anybody who has taken the step up to Jameson 12 or even a few scotch knows that there is far greater whiskies to be tasted out there. There is a multitude of different tasting whiskies out there from all the Irish through US (Bourbon , rye etc) Japanese and of course the multi layered scotch industry with it's fabulous array of blends and single malts.

Basically the aim of the society is to appreciate and learn about whiskey in all it's forms and guises in a friendly and social atmosphere. We are open to young and old, male and female and hope to dispense with the old fuddy duddy image that whiskey may have with some. Instead it is an exciting and vibrant topic for discussion, whether you are into the diversity of taste, technicalities of production or the whole history of the spirit.

Further, through tastings organised by the group it is a way to explore more whiskies at a reduced cost. It can be an expensive hobby if you have to buy a bottle every time you wanted to taste a new whisk(e)y.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me through this forum by PM or through the Irish Whiskey Society Forum or even through my own amateur website IrishWhiskeyChaser which if you are not au fait with irish Whiskey you may be surprised by the varity of Iriah Whiskey's that have beed produced. This may take some time to organise though so your patience is appreciated.

Please be aware that we are a responsible society and do not encourage abuse of alcohol and tasting would not normally feature full measures. A top of the range bottle whiskey could easily cost 400Euro so if you get to that level not something you would want to quaff back. One of our mottos is Quality over Quantity wink.gif So if your looking to kick start the night with a bang we may not be for you.

However we are up for the crack and a bit of social interaction and if people want to go for pints after that is fine.

I have also posted in the Galway Section directly so I hope I have not broken the rules.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I tend to only mix my whiskey with water, not politics!

I find it quite curious that your whiskey chaser site is dominated by a Libertas banner!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ICB is too. That's the thing about Google advertising. If you click on it it makes no money for Libertas but some for the site.

Don#t see it on ICB but every time I open whiskey chaser it's there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I find it quite curious that your whiskey chaser site is dominated by a Libertas banner!

There are our new over lords:p

oblivious wrote: »
    There are our new over lords:p

Don't even joke about such things!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Currently it is a free hosted website and I have no control over the banner advertising on it as it is owned by webs.com.

Eventually I hope to have my own dot com site which would be advert free but it requires money to do and I'm not personally prepared to pay for a free site.

Anyway I never would let myself be swayed by advertising on any site.

Currently it is a free hosted website and I have no control over the banner advertising on it as it is owned by webs.com.

Eventually I hope to have my own dot com site which would be advert free but it requires money to do and I'm not personally prepared to pay for a free site.

Anyway I never would let myself be swayed by advertising on any site.

Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Just saw the add there ... it is fairly obvious all right :eek: and in your face even though it is just a banner on top :mad:

All the more reason to get the site sorted out properly. If the IWS takes off fairly okay I may be able to incorporate it into that site.

Just saw the add there ... it is fairly obvious all right :eek: and in your face even though it is just a banner on top :mad:

All the more reason to get the site sorted out properly. If the IWS takes off fairly okay I may be able to incorporate it into that site.

And it's odd that the same ad is always there!

Advertisement