Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this suitable RAM?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No point, as windows 32-bit will only see up to 3.5Gb of that, less possibly, depending on what exactly you have installed in your machine. Now, if you were to go 4GB in 2x2gb sticks and utilize dual channel, you might see an increase even beyond the extra few hundred MB, but probably not much. What's the reason you're upgrading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I realise that 32bit will only reconize about 3.5GB, I can upgrade my O/S to 64bit so that is not a problem.

I'm just upgrading as I play games very often, I have a great graphics card and monitor so I would like to utilize the full potential out of my machine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ram is dirt cheap, just go for a decent 2x2Gb kit then to be honest, then you'll have matched pairs in dual channel and also have heatspreaders. You'd make half it back by selling your old 3GB anyway. You won't need anything more then what 32-bit can address in terms of games alone so upgrading to 64bit wouldn't really be necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Just had a look on HP website url=http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01588216&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN]X[/url

It says I can stick in 4x2GB 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM, it supports PC2-6400 MB/sec.

I'm pretty sure I can find these on komplett or dabs, shall have a gander now :)

-- Is this good? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=363366 100yoyo seems good?

Advertisement