Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hub caps for VW Golf

Options
  • 08-05-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi All,

i need to get a hub cap for a VW golf. Has anyone any idea where I could get one in Limerick?

THanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Halfords?Motor factors?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How about Frank Hogans?

Yet, nobody likes to buy from Frank Hogan direct because dealerships are expensive BUT motor factors do not sell branded hubcaps. They will only be able to sell you spurious hubcaps which might do you.

But, If your like me and prefer the correct look for your car then try VW, Ebay or a scrapyard.

Here is an Ebay result. I have taken the B5 Golf on 15" Rims.

Anything from the VAG group was never going to be cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VOLKSWAGEN-VW-GOLF-JETTA-15-FACTORY-HUBCAP-HUB-CAP-4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem320367640821QQitemZ320367640821QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I would imagine you could pick up a set of hubcaps in Frank Hogans for no more than €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Thanks Lads,

Yeah I'm looking for VW branded ones, sorry for asking again but can you tell me where there are any scrapeyards in Limerick I could try. (Not from here, although I should know my way around by now!) I'll check out ebay as well...

Thanks again for your help...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Go to Dalys Cross on the Dublin Rd. Maxol Station. Turn left for Castleconnel / O'Briens Bridge.

Keep going until you pass under a train bridge. Around 300mtrs after this there is a turn to the right onto a local/regional road.

Follow this to Bob Sweeneys. Acres upon acres of land with a lot of stuff to choose from.

Also, altough much smaller(and cant think of name). Head out the Kilmallock road and pass the Four Elms pub(around 3-4kms out). Around 2kms after this there is a scrap yard on your right.

Both should be open on Saturday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Market on a saturday morning the stall outside cafe lazio often has a good few managed to get one to replace a fiesta one i mangled on the pathside

• Advertisement
Advertisement