Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISA and showing classes

Options
  • 07-05-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

the irish shows association, whats that about, how do you register etc... and what classes do they offer, eg. lightweight hunter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This came up in a post in another thread, but I think it's a good topic and merits a thread of its own so people can share their experiences and tips, etc. for the upcoming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

The ISA basically governs all the Agricultural Shows in Ireland. Depending on the show, there are many in-hand classes (for TBs, ID's, coloureds etc.), ridden hunter classes, working hunter and IPS classes to name but a few!

You don't need to register with the ISA, and you can take out temporary membership with the IPS if necessary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Ooo I wonder if there's an in-hand class I could take Don in for?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

the ISA Guide to show dates is out now and if you google isa and see who the secretary is post a cheque for €10 i think and you get your schedule.

Ususally the inhand classes are confined to yearlings 2&3 yr olds mares in foal and mares with foals @ foot

Where after this if you have a horse who would be suitable to be in a show hunter class there is a ridden part and an inhand part .

There are many lightweight hunter classes out there but you may find some regions hold more classes than others
    The first show of the season is usually in Thomastown which was last week.
    As the season progresses it gets more competitive .
    It then depends on the show location and who is judging it .......

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Show dates can be found here - http://www.irishshowsassociation.ie/

Certain shows also have in-hand classes for coloureds (any age) and Arabs/PBA (any age) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Alibear wrote: »
    Certain shows also have in-hand classes for coloureds (any age)

Anyone got some peroxide? LOL

Advertisement