Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Mode fireing on Auto

Options
  • 08-05-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

If your AEG fires on full auto when you have the selector
    swith on semi what typically would the problem be ?

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

either the tappet plate is not engaging the cut off lever correctly, or the cut off lever itself inside the gearbox is damaged/broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

My AEG fires 2 or 3 round bursts on semi. Am i experiancing the same problems with the tappet plate? I just thought it was one of those airsoft idiosyncrasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

cool thanks for the info.
    Had a AK47 and MP5 all of a sudden decide
    to fire on auto even though I had semi selected.

I thought it may have had something to do with whats
    behind the selector switch,

Both were fine and have never been skirmished with and
    at the most would have only have had about 2 mags of bb's through them ever.
    Took em out of the closet the other day to test fire them and they dont like semi anymore.

It was puzzleing how something that got no bangs/shoves/abuse or even use and was sitting in a
    closet for months all of a sudden dont function like the should,

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It could also be that the gearbox is dry and the cutoff lever id sticking. by just using the gun it will cure itself though and its not a big worry. its common enough if you leave a gun in a warm place for prolonged period without using it. :)

Advertisement