Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Price Phones - Talbot Street

Options
  • 08-05-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Has anyone every bought a phone from this shop. It is just beside Gardener Street. Was looking in there the other day and the prices are extremely good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just remember if something seems to good to be true it normally is. I dont have any experience of this shop but you need to make sure your getting a come back with them. Are they brand new handsets, coming sealed in a box, and not just refurbs. Refurbished phones can be fine, i just would want to know that when i was buying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

On a related note, are there any shops around town that have good / bad reps for selling phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Davy wrote: »
    Just remember if something seems to good to be true it normally is. I dont have any experience of this shop but you need to make sure your getting a come back with them. Are they brand new handsets, coming sealed in a box, and not just refurbs. Refurbished phones can be fine, i just would want to know that when i was buying it!

i am not 100% sure if they are refurbs or brand new or even imitations. I was in the shop pricing a repair and just seen some of the prices and was wondering if anyone has had an experience of this shop or even any of the other shops similar to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

a few price tags pls? nokia e71, sonyericsson c905, etc. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

do you have the exact address of the shop or its name for instance? I'd be interested in popping in there for a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Buying phones in Talbot St? Best of luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Gekko wrote: »
    do you have the exact address of the shop or its name for instance? I'd be interested in popping in there for a look.

not sure the exact addresses. This shop is the at the 27 bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

i go by there every day on the way to work and almost always have a look..
    have been in looking at phones and when i ask about getting more than one they never seem to be able to order more so that tends to worry me..

Its really inconsistent with the phones they stock, but yeah they are always at a good price..

They also buy 2nd hand phones but they usually give a crap price.. and looking at the prices they sell them on for they get about a 100% margin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

I've bought a couple of phones from them & even brought one back as it was a gift that didn't suit.I handed the receipt & there was no hassle.I still use the Sony xPeria that I bought there about 6 months ago.No complaints,don't mind the staring Nigerian guy behind the counter,he's actually quite reasonable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Not giving any of them an endorsement but there are several such shops in Moore St., they're on the right as you enter the street from Henry St. I was in Waterford city a few weeks ago and saw at least two secondhand phone shops plus a lot of mobile phones on display in a pawn shop there so I guess they are a feature of most big towns and cities these days.

I would bring a SIMM and make sure the phone works on the spot and that it isn't switched for a dud or stolen model at the last minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement