Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton Match

Options
  • 08-05-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

So its up to Liverpool tomorrow to face Everton, the only team who have beaten us at home since Harry took over. Unfortunatley, we have some pretty serious injuries that's gonna make this a tougher match than it already is...
    Aaron Lennon is out of Saturday's clash at Everton - one of a number of injury concerns for Harry Redknapp.

The winger has played despite a groin injury and Harry explained: "It's been nagging him for weeks and weeks and weeks but we've been getting him through games but finally this week he's not going to make it."

David Bentley would perhaps be the natural replacement for Aaron but he is a doubt with a hamstring injury and looks like joining Michael Dawson (ankle), Darren Bent (knee), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (foot), Jamie O'Hara (knee) and Didier Zokora (groin), another doubt, on the sidelines.

Adel Taarabt and Giovani dos Santos are also out.

Harry added: "Benoit has been in great form for us, he's been excellent but he's not available.

"Michael Dawson and Darren Bent are still not fit, David Bentley is struggling with a hamstring problem, Jamie O'Hara has knee surgery tomorrow and Didier Zokora is going for a scan on a groin strain.

"So we've got a few injuries but we've got enough players and we're going up to Everton ready for a big game.

"One or two players will come in and it's an opportunity for them - Gareth Bale is available, Alan Hutton is available and we've some options in different positions."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Might be worth trying 4-3-3 with Defoe and Keane playing off Pavlyuchenko (if Bent isn't fit), if we did we'd need to play Hutton instead of Corluka as I think the latter would be exposed without a RM in front of him. BAE will be a loss though, but I hope he plays Bale instead of Chimbonda at LB.

If Bentley is fit to start I'd stick with 4-4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

yeah, thats very possible- seem to have a shortage of midfielders now...but I have been noticing that keane seems to play in an almost midfield position, at least he has done the last few games with bent being the furthest up. Presuming Keane doesnt play midfield a 4-3-3 is very likely.

Taking all the doubtful players are actually out, I fancy the following line up-

Gomes
    Hutton--Corluka/King--Woodgate--Bale/Chimbonda
    Palacios---Jenas---Modric
    Pav---Defoe---Keane

Will be interesting to see who goes in defence. I can imagine Keane dropping back to a central midfield role, Zakora and Lennon are massive losses.
    Any thoughts?

p.s. It may be a consolation but Osman and Hibbert are out for Everton...Both have been excellent this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Gomes
    Corluka Woody King Bale
    Jenas Hudd Wilson Modric
    Defoe Keane

This is the team i would like to see against Everton..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

we'll take that draw and run, i think. I have never seen Keane have such an awful game...I'm really starting to dislike his style of play and attitude to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I just got the shock of my life when i saw bale got a 7/10 on skysports :eek: ya i was very worried with the injuries so delighted to get the draw i dont think we can be caught by wigan now unless they beat united so looks like we're safe in the top half of the table nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I didn't get to see the game but happy enough with an away draw and another clean sheet considering the players missing through injuries plus Wilsons pull out,
    from what i hear and read though it seem we started 3-5-2,long time since we saw that formation.I hear that Bale had an excellant game Gomes done a bit of flapping and that Keano had another bad day at the office.Robbies form has taken a big dip latley,it's not a bad finish to the season but i doubt we will make 7th place now..

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Listened to the commentary on BBC London. Sounded like a poor game although a point and a clean sheet at Goodison is not bad, taking into account the missing players.

Looking at the fixtures left for us and teams around us, I think we'll probably finish eighth behind Fulham. Not good, but not bad considering the disastrous start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sh1t game, Keane had another poor game, I got wet.

Sums up the day pretty much.

Oh, and we'd a great few hours before the game in The Arkles right beside Anfield, and though my peepers may not be great I'm convinced I saw a Dublin Bus parked up along the side of Stanley Park as we made our way over to Goodison.

Advertisement