Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best And Worst Presents You've Ever Received?

• 08-05-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

What is the best and worst present you've ever received

Best present for me in terms of usefulness (Ive used it everyday since I got it) was my Nintendo DS from my OH..wasnt even going out with him long but he said he heard me mention I wanted one...I love it.

Worst - joint tie between shampoo from my aunt (whom Im very close with) for my 21st birthday or a cheap nasty pair of furry handcuffs for Valentines day from a guy I wasnt going out with..which would have been funny except he went to my mother before he gave me the presents he got me to make sure it was ok that he could give it to me..so my mother telling me about the present over the phone (I was on hols at the time) - mortifying. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

In 1985, I received a purple tuxedeo shirt from my mother for Christmas.

I asked her 'how many Puerto Rican proms do you expect me to go to this year?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

LadyE wrote: »
    he went to my mother before he gave me the presents he got me to make sure it was ok that he could give it to me..so my mother telling me about the present over the phone (I was on hols at the time) - mortifying. :o

Perhaps he was hoping she would be his back-up if you turned him down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

a good blowjob
    a bad blowjob

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Perhaps he was hoping she would be his back-up if you turned him down?

Nooooo. He got a tattoo of my name on his arm then.

All very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i once recieved a helmet, elbow and shin pads for a skateboard, but no skateboard.:mad:

• Advertisement

Nooooo. He got a tattoo of my name on his arm then.

All very strange.

Did you check his other arm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

for his 17th birthday my mate got a Ryan Giggs doll from his mam and dad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Best: Dinner at home, nice bottle of wine, fire lighting, lots of candles & some sweet lovin'. I'm not a fan of receiving expensive presents but the other part of the present was a trip to New York. Would have been very content with the first part of it tbh.

Worst: A chinese type fan thing I could hang on my wall as a decoration, apparently. It got put in the bin pronto. My eyes hurt looking it in all it's foulness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Best present for me in terms of usefulness (Ive used it everyday since I got it) was my Nintendo DS from my OH..wasnt even going out with him long but he said he heard me mention I wanted one...I love it.
    So flowers are a thing of the past, Nintendo DS's are where it's at these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Worst: A chinese type fan thing I could hang on my wall as a decoration, apparently. It got put in the bin pronto. My eyes hurt looking it in all it's foulness.
    Racist

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    So flowers are a thing of the past, Nintendo DS's are where it's at these days.

Damn right :D

Damn right :D
    Greedy gender:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

i once recieved a helmet, elbow and shin pads for a skateboard, but no skateboard.

Similar. I was once given a couple of scalextric cars .... but no track.

Another one I was given was a plastic life-size green alien head with and alarm clock mashed into it's face. WTF? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Worst: A tie between those horrible bath sets that you never use and ten euro gift voucer for dunnes stores.(thank fcuk you can spend it in the off license part)

Best: A laptop from my OH for my 21st. Badly needed as I was a broke student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Racist

Actually now that you mention it if it had shamrocks printed on it I would have loved it :rolleyes:

I just remembered that an ex of mine 'couldn't' afford a birthday present for me one year. So he got that Immac stuff meant to burn the hairs off ladies legs & did a tidy up job around his John Thomas.

This was so wrong for two reasons : 1) It didn't see how him getting his balls sucked was in any way, shape or form a present to me (yes I know, I'm a selfish bitch)
    2) He burned the balls off himself because he left it on too long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Starman07

Best - A real life car for my 17th.It was a Punto but it had a cd player whereas most seemed to have cassette tapes.Cassette tapes? What is this, 1996?

Worst - For my 11th birthday my sister gave me a book called "Boy Talk", explaining all about becoming a man.Christmas of that year she gave me a reflective belt for night time cycling or walking......my sister is f_cking crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Best - iPOD (+iPOD head unit).

Worst - Getting Gobots instead of Transformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Best: A pair of Jimmy Choos and a trip to Florida:D

Worst: A carriage clock and Charlie perfume :(

The_Coon wrote: »
    Worst - Getting Gobots instead of Transformers.
    Whoever did that must be destroyed :mad:

Best - Trip to Old Trafford when I was about 10 :D

Worst - Scratch cards cause i never fcukin win :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Worst - Scratch cards cause i never fcukin win :mad:

Not as bad as those fake scratch cards that make you think you've won and its only after you act like a jubilant retard you realise all the terminology is American and its fake!

• Advertisement

Not as bad as those fake scratch cards that make you think you've won and its only after you act like a jubilant retard you realise all the terminology is American and its fake!

Where would I get me some of these?:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Where would I get me some of these?:D:D

On eBay - here's one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Instead of getting a truck named Optimus Prime I got a motorbike named Cy-Kill.
    The horror, the horror...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Best: My first laptop one Christmas

Worst: Set of skanky silver rimmed wine glasses for our wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

best: flowers, card and tickets to the pixies who were playing on my bday!

worst: a fake tan kit including some cellulite cream from my bf (same guy as above!) - wtf like!!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

for his 17th birthday my mate got a Ryan Giggs doll from his mam and dad. :D

Did it take him a long time to blow it up?

baglady wrote: »
    worst: a fake tan kit including some cellulite cream from my bf (same guy as above!) - wtf like!!! lol

With a name like baglady I don't blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Best: A cheapo laptop that worked, and still does four years on.

Worst: A bothair Goat in my name to some African kid. Who's village got massacred a month later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dartz wrote: »
    Worst: A bothair Goat in my name to some African kid. Who's village got massacred a month later.

Do they send the goat to you when that happens?

• Advertisement

Dartz wrote: »

Jesus, I hope you got on the horn with them right away to get your brother's money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Best - Fully expenses paid trip to NYC for 10 days for my 18th birthday!

Worst - A Marks and Spencers necklace that was magnetic from my brother.

Advertisement