Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Mc Creevey sticks his oar in...

Options
  • 08-05-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Charlie Mc Creevey has decided to give us a lecture today with regard to how we are conducting ourselves during these difficult times...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0508/breaking55.htm

Mc Creevey, the impotent waster who decided to force a poorly thought out decentralisation upon the state, which has so far cost the state hundreds of millions of Euro in property aquisitions for the discontinued decentralisation project, has told us today that we need to "end the Punch and Judy Politics".

Hard to accept coming from a man who was likely responsible for wasting more public money than any Minister for Finance since the foundation of the state.

It also seems to imply that we should get on with business and forget the small little matter of his political party deliberately driving the economic into an economic cesspit over the last number of years.

He also mistakenly believes that Irish people think that some bankers should be "tarred and feathered", as he puts it. Well to my mind, people will do what they can get away with and we have been hansomly paying POLITICIANS, FINANCIAL REGULATORS, CENTRAL BANK GOVERNORS and a Dept. of Finance, to oversee our financial regulatory system. At the end of the day, it's POLITICANS who legislate for the maintenance of the common good, not bankers.

The article above goes to show how removed Mc Creevey and his pea-balled ilk in Fianna Fail are removed from reality, when he thinks that we think the bankers should be taken out and tarred and feathered. Mc Creevey, we think you and your ilk in FF should be taken out and put up against a wall and shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I had a laugh when I read this part:
    Mr McCreevy said he understood people in Ireland and other countries were angry at what has happened. Many don’t understand why it happened or why it was allowed to happen, he added.

This guy for real :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Whether we like it or not many of those who have been chastened and bruised by the experiences of the recent past are probably also those who have learnt most and some of them may therefore be best equipped to manage and handle the many challenges of renewal that lie ahead.

Well if this doesn't describe FF I don't know what does*

*Note: Sarcasm is difficult to detect in textual form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

and why does he think we should listen to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

None so pure and all that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I still give him credit as being one of the only politians to realise that we needed to save money, to keep us afloat after the boom. He failed, and was beaten, but at least he tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I had a laugh when I read this part:
    Mr McCreevy said he understood people in Ireland and other countries were angry at what has happened. Many don’t understand why it happened or why it was allowed to happen, he added.
    This guy for real :rolleyes:
    I actually agree with him - a large proportion of the electorate have a very poor grasp of basic economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

djpbarry wrote: »
    I actually agree with him - a large proportion of the electorate have a very poor grasp of basic economics.

As has McCreevy -- "when I have it, I spend it" is not good economic policy.

As has McCreevy -- "when I have it, I spend it" is not good economic policy.
    Except that wasn't his policy.

He wanted to save money, and was opposed by pretty much everyone else in the Dail - government and opposition - because they all wanted to spend the money now.

He had to fight like hell even to get the pension fund through.

He also thought of Decentralisation though.

Firetrap wrote: »
    A good idea.

Just horribly implemented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Darragh29 wrote: »

Mc Creevey, the impotent waster who ...

Nice, very nice. You're a real piece of work aren't you. Just out of curiosity, how many threads do you create each week on this subject?

A good idea.

Just horribly implemented.

Yes. Because it was horribly implemented, it's cost the state millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭SeanW

Firetrap wrote: »
    And those silly SSIAs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

But we must not lose sight of the fact that for our economy to recover, experienced bankers and experienced property developers will be needed

Having a laugh or what, he should put out some recruitment advertisements for the live register might get a few there no doubt...
    Lessons have been learnt and they must be acted upon

Oh they have been acted upon and the PAYE system is taking the full brunt of this devastation. I would like to remind these lads, there is only so much we can take in tax before we better off sitting at home and by the looks of it, this is not too far down the line.
    He said the answers were complex but much of it had to do with excess liquidity in the global financial system

Again blaming a global problem, by the time the global problem is fixed, we will still well and truely be in the ****.
    He said there was no government anywhere in the world that could conduct the “necessary fiscal retrenchment without becoming politically very unpopular”.

Barrack Obama is still very popular TBH..

This guy is a total joker...

Advertisement