Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video: New calves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There cool little things. I want 10 of em.
    Child is cool aswell, little baldy head on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

funny that they didnt show what they are like when released for the first time!!
    Running through ditches etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

Just the one hand wrote tag.Accountability is not an issue I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

awww,lets face it most farmers love the site of calves in a field....
    .......but have a secret hatred for the little feckereens at the back of it all

"Awwwww,look at him playing in the field"
    an hour later "oh,s**** the litlle Ba****** is on the road/lawn/ditch/wrong side of the fence etc.etc."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 creativecattle

fastrac wrote: »
    Just the one hand wrote tag.Accountability is not an issue I see.

Thanks for watching the video. I wasn't sure what the above comment meant though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Thanks for watching the video. I wasn't sure what the above comment meant though.

In Ireland, calves have to be Taged within 2 weeks of birth. The tags are supplied by the government (at a cost to the farmer). The farmer then registers the birth, including all information such as the sire, dam, calving dificulty etc. A passport is then issued for that calve which will follow it right through to slaughter.
    It is part of the overall traceability in the beef industry here.
    It requires a lot of work and cost to farmers here, so when they see beef on the shelf here from countries like Brazil.....well they ain't happy.

So Creativecattle, what's the weather like over there in the olde USA.
    As you can gather from the other threads in this forum, it's raining here in buckets, has been for the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

ah, good to see! them running around--Spring!
    can't beat it--them angus calves! i am been biased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 creativecattle

Thanks pakalasa for the info. I am originally from Canada so I understand national ID programs, although I don't think Canada's is as tough as yours. The US is still working on theirs, and like you it irks me to see South American beef in our meat counters as well.

We are located in Missouri and have been getting a steady rain for a night, two days sunshine, rain for a night, two days sunshine. It is unbelievable how fast the grass grows here! If that rain keeps coming at night I won't have anything to complain about.

Advertisement