Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 TB HDD - €79 - Pixmania

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

And for those who don't have a 2nd hand Star trek teleporter, delivery is an additional €13.90....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Disclaimer: May never receive item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

including shipping its only average price yea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Posting this without the shipping price included is stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

Posting this without the shipping price included is stupid

yes i agree, it is very annoying when people do it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This 1TB WD Elements is €101 ***delivered***

Note emphasis on the fact that delivery is included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Jonathan wrote: »

[/B][/I]Note emphasis on the fact that delivery is included.

Indeed!;)

Western Digital are probably better make too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Settle down now, everyone makes mistakes (except me). OP, we won't hang you this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 anansi

so has anybody here bought this from pixmania? is it a good deal? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

anansi wrote: »
    so has anybody here bought this from pixmania? is it a good deal? :confused:
    I wouldn't recommend pixmania. Woeful customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Blurg wrote: »

I bought that model from PC World a few weeks ago for €99....probably easier than t'internets if there is a bricks and mortar near you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭GenghisCon

picked up a TB iomega drive for a friend from pixmania....died a death of a vampire running with scissors onto a beach on the costa del sol at midday.

May not be this model but I've had a iomega HD die on me before. Just be aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

GenghisCon wrote: »
    died a death of a vampire running with scissors onto a beach on the costa del sol at midday
    Awesome. Awesome to the max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Stay the hell away from Pixmania - they're a bunch of tossers. They'll take you're money, cancel your order and you'll spend 4 months getting onto your credit card company to get a refund.

Avoid those wasters!

Stay the hell away from Pixmania - they're a bunch of tossers. They'll take you're money, cancel your order and you'll spend 4 months getting onto your credit card company to get a refund.

Avoid those wasters!

(I don't mean to be bumping Pixmania, just sending the AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE message out there!)

I wouldn't recommend pixmania. Woeful customer service.
    SQDD wrote: »

Avoid those wasters!

geez...what happened guys? you seem to have a lot of issues with pixmania? care to share them? :eek:

I'm sharing this in the hope that people that were going to buy from pixmania buy their stuff elsewhere.

The story starts in the end of December. I ordered 2 Canon Ixus 90s for E154 a piece which was a very good deal. The money was taken out of the credit card. Then I receive an email asking me to send them proof of ID to prove that I'm not using someone elses details - pretty strange seeing as I don't know of any other company who uses this practice.

I send them my proof of address and ID and hear nothing back.

Two weeks later I email then - I was expecting this camera the first week of January as it said it would be shipped immediately and take 5 days or so to arrive. I receive an email back saying that the ID I sent them wasn't good enough and my order appears as canceled on the pixmania website.

Now there's no mention of getting back my money from pixmania and funnily enough the cameras have gone up to E200 on the site. I email them telling them that they have taken the money and I'd love the cameras at the original price I paid. I thought that they had realized that they had sold them too cheaply and were just trying to BS me canceling the order.

I email them another 5 times or so and get absolutely no response and with sheer frustration I manage to get their phone number in France. Fortunately I speak french and was able to explain the situation and I was forwarded onto some lady, Alice who apparently will fix all.

She explains to me that in no uncertain terms that I will have to get onto Visa in order to get my money back and they will not refund me. I tell her that it is an absolute scam and she agrees.

Now I have to get onto Visa and prove to Visa that Pixmania have fraudulently stolen money from my account which isn't that easy to do seeing as they are a pretty big international company - imagine trying to explain to the bank that tesco has stolen money from you and you'll see what I mean.

Over 3 months later I finally get my money back. It has caused me a lot of time and grief to get my E320 back. If I wasn't as persistent as I am I would never have seen that money again and from reading other stories on google I know that many others have cut their losses.

I guess the lesson learned by me and that I can pass on is to research the company that you are buying from, no matter how reputable you think it is. I was confident buying from Pixmania, I know they are a large web retailer owner by dsg - a pretty major retailer.

When you type Pixmania into google, scam comes up before shop. It was only after I had money stolen that I realised how rampant their con system is.

If this story stops just one person from buying there I'd be happy.

In the end I bought the cameras from a small English retailer on ebay and love them. It's a shame that a similar service wasn't provided with Pixmania - an absolute shower of wank3rs.

oh i see. wow. thanks sqdd. i'll keep this in mind. i thought pixmania is a reputable company and i still do. i think i'll just be more careful when ordering! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

A bit of advice: Don't buy anything off pixmania - Hopeless to deal with.

I use dabs.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement