Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch the skys of Athlone

Options
  • 08-05-2009 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Ok people,

Just giving advance warning that there will not be any UFOs flying over athlone in the next few day.

It will be sky lanterns. So as soon as I get a calm evening I will be setting a few off from the Monksland area.

Just incase anyone thinks we are being invaded by aliens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

sky lanterns kick ass, let us know what day your going to let them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

I let one off last night (friday) but was a little too windy to do any more.

If it if calm enought tonigh (Sunday) I will let some off about 9:30 or 10 as soon as it gets a bit dark.

:D

I set off a couple last night but the wind was going to wrong way for the to be seen over Athlone.

Altho I did have some neibhours out watching... Their kids seemed to enjoy seeing them, something different they probably not seen before... And my 2 year old was going mental.... Daddy! Woooooow! Look, Balloon! lol Kids are so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

What are sky lanterns?

website-image-02.jpg
    website-image-03.jpg

They are like mini hot air balloons made from rice paper and bamboo.
    Are used in Asian weddings to send wishs up into the sky and for luck to the bride and groom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

There some nice pic's dude, now we all know where you live ha ha :rolleyes:

Cheers IPushButtons :)

em, no...... All the houses around here are identicle, would take ages to find mine..... Thats even if I live in a house ;) lol

Advertisement