Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DB Issue

Options
  • 08-05-2009 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I am a victum of using an offshore web developer to create a website for my company. The developer is not familiar with my host, Digiweb and he has told me that he cannot connect the database to the site.

Being a TOTALLY out of my depth I have tried to fix the problem myself but the site will not go live for me. To add to this my developer has gone on the missing list!!

All the files are on the webserver all that needs to be done is to connect the DB

Any suggestions??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Some information about what db system you are using would be helpful. Mabye if its sql server you might be using a web.config file to connect. Again, until information is up it will be hard to help.

im sure digiweb will be able to help anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GAAP

Digweb have been helpful, they have told me the name of the sql database to use and I have inserted it into the config.php page but the site will not go live

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Google for PHP and test mysql connection and you should get some pages like this. This will give you a test script you can upload to check your connection string.

I'd be happy to give you a hand, but I don't know much about PHP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

One thing to check is the db name. Digiweb normally prefix all db names with your username so if the db is called "test" on digiweb your config should point to "eoin_test"

If the developer just uploaded the scripts without realizing this he might not have changed the names from his dev db

Advertisement