Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitting parts (receiver/trigger)

Options
  • 08-05-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

i was looking into getting a few parts fitted but i was wondering about compatibilities and stuff

so let's say if i get this receiver (or something similar)
    http://www.softair.arcoefrecce.it/detail_english.asp?Codice=13917

and this gearbox
    http://www.softair.arcoefrecce.it/detail_english.asp?Codice=15625

would i be able to easily fit them together or not really ?

asking because i'm looking into buying a cheap rifle and then kind of upgrade it for my friends to use - but nor always i can find parts for rifles so i'd say i need to be very careful with what i choose in the first place, i suppose

point me to other threads, if this was covered already but search is not retrieving anything relevant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

over 350 USD for just a gear box and reciever !!!!:eek:
    I thought you said "cheap"

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

i was looking into getting a few parts fitted but i was wondering about compatibilities and stuff

so let's say if i get this receiver (or something similar)
    http://www.softair.arcoefrecce.it/detail_english.asp?Codice=13917

and this gearbox
    http://www.softair.arcoefrecce.it/detail_english.asp?Codice=15625

would i be able to easily fit them together or not really ?

asking because i'm looking into buying a cheap rifle and then kind of upgrade it for my friends to use - but nor always i can find parts for rifles so i'd say i need to be very careful with what i choose in the first place, i suppose

point me to other threads, if this was covered already but search is not retrieving anything relevant

For the price of that gearbox you could buy a G&G Plastica that wouldn't even need upgrading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

no guys - it was an example !

metal bodies for 50 quid and gearboxes for 100 in so many websites - i was just wondering if the fittings are more or less the same and i wouldn't have trouble fitting the parts or i would have to go for a m16 body and trigger or m16 body could use a m4 trigger, get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

no guys - it was an example !

metal bodies for 50 quid and gearboxes for 100 in so many websites - i was just wondering if the fittings are more or less the same and i wouldn't have trouble fitting the parts or i would have to go for a m16 body and trigger or m16 body could use a m4 trigger, get it ?

If it's an m4 receiver you need a version 2 gearbox. M16 and M4 gearboxes are the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Unless you have specific items you are looking at buying then there is no answer to the question really. most Version 2 gearboxes will fit in most armalite receivers but without knowing which you are looking at its impossible to give a definitive answer., :)

• Advertisement

a lot more to read :D thanx

Masada wrote: »
    Unless you have specific items you are looking at buying then there is no answer to the question really. most Version 2 gearboxes will fit in most armalite receivers but without knowing which you are looking at its impossible to give a definitive answer., :)

thanx - i was looking into the stuff and wondering if i can pick a receiver i want (given the mags i'm thinking about using) and put a good gearbox or i how much careful i had to be

thing is, i'm looking into using the same bodies and receivers so i can use only the same mags, specially when lending rifles to my friends - and wondering if, for example, if i get a rifle with a different body, i could just get a metal receiver like the one i generally use and swap it

Advertisement