Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lined with what?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

The recipe I'm considering for dinner states I should the chicken pieces into a lined tray. Do they mean some sort of baking paper? Is it absolutely necessary?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'd say they do mean baking paper or foil, otherwise those look like they might stick to the baking tray to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I always line the tray with baking parchment when I'm cooking things like this. It stops them sticking and makes the washing up a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Foil would work aswell as parchment? I have foil, I'd have to go out and get parchment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can stick some veg oil on the foil and wipe it around with a kitchen towel. The egg mixture is likely to stick.

I use "magic sheets", nothing sticks to them, reusable black silicone based sheets, get them for ~€5 in supermarkets in the tinfoil, greaseproof paper section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

If you have a teflon or analon baking sheet use that without the foil. If you use foil, oil it first both under and on top to stop the crumbs sticking.

• Advertisement

It took me a while to get this done, as I kept forgetting to get the necessaries. I couldn't find 'magic sheets' anywhere in my local Tescos, are they normally with the foil and all that stuff? I picked up some parchment paper though and it worked fine. The recipe was gorgeous too if anyone's looking for a quick and tasty snack - it probably wouldn't work without a large side salad or a big pile of chips :)

Had this again today, this time with extra mouths and while it went down quite well, most people wanted 'zingier'! I left the chicken in the egg/soy mixture for about 30mins but it didn't really make much of a diff, and I can't imagine adding more soy would make it zingier. So what could I add to the mix that would spice things up a little without overpowering the dish? I'm open to anything really, I have a wide selection of herbs and spices in my local Tesco :D

(PS, I got one of those magic sheets rubadub mentions. Man, is it handy! I'm going to be cooking everything on this from now on!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Can't get your original link to work for me... can you type out the ingredients?

Can't get your original link to work for me... can you type out the ingredients?
    4 Chicken breast, skin removed
    1 free-range Egg,
    60ml Soy sauce
    80g cornflakes
    You mix the egg and soy sauce together, plop the chicken in and then coat in crushed cornflakes. V.tasty on the bbq.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A little crushed garlic and/or mild chilli powder in the soy sauce and egg mix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Try adding a little rice wine and lemon juice to the soy sauce, or make a totally separate sauce for dipping or pouring, involving soy sauce, rice wine, lemon juice, sugar, chili sauce and a little water or stock, heated in a pan and thickened with a little cornflour/water paste.

Advertisement