Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your favourite cases........

Options
  • 08-05-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

for me the top ones i love are.......

coolerwave master, great looking case for the time

coolermaster mystique another fantastic case but could find one with a side window anywhere for love nor money

antec p182 personally i had the chance to have a look at one, although a bit on the heavy side its a great case im considering buying it for a home entertainment build.

and the one im using currently is.... the Apevia Jupiter jr Gtype case, its basic but gets the job done!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Antec P182 is without question, for me, the best case ever known to man.

Well built, well insulated, well thought out. Best of all it is classy looking, in black at least. None of this LED multi colour light bull, just subtle and understated.

Somewhat like myself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Somewhat like myself. ;)

Well insulated? :pac:

I like my Antec Sonata III for the same reasons you like the P128. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Well at least he's classy looking, in black at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Coolermaster Stacker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Antec P182 is what I used for my last build. It's a great case, good build quality, good air flow and quite.

• Advertisement

Personally I think the Coolermaster Elite RC330 and its clones (especially that mad Akasa PowerMac clone) all deserve a pat on the back for pushing the sector forward by delivering practical, quality cases for just €30-40, forcing others to up their game a fair bit. Just a short way back did you think you could get a stylish case with solid build quality and 120mm fans front and back for a quarter of the price of a P182 and its ilk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

have used the p180 a few years back. loved the case. top notch. im on the antec 900-2 now. love this case also air flow is top notch wit a monster of a fan on top u cant go wrong. also its big enough to fit my coolermaster v8 cooler into! bit noisier than the p180 but it doesnt bother me wit my head fones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

V2000 or tj7 Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Anti wrote: »
    V2000 or tj7 Nuff said.

love em but these days areent they a bit bland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thread is useless without pics! :)

I've had the Antec 900, Silverstone TJ07 & now the antec P180. I love the P180 case! Cable management is really easy and the removable hard drive bays make it exceptionally easy to keep things tidy. If it had a removable mobo tray it would be the perfect case.

P180.jpg
    p180v1_inside.jpg

Whenever I get the time I'm going to build a LAN box with this case.

11-163-071-02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

magick wrote: »

not when you can do this with it!
    DSC_0022.jpg

I have had a P180/182/ Haf / 1200 / 900 / Stacker 690 / and by far the easiest case to work with is the TJ07 love it for cable management and watercooling.

Second case on my list is the HAF looks a bit erm military but cable management is brillant and tons of space.

Third is the P180 excellent case however space is limited + side is insulation.
    That little lanbox looks brilliant :) might look into getting one of the.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mac daddy wrote: »
    That little lanbox looks brilliant :) might look into getting one of the.

Pricey though! :( $300 from newegg and I doubt they even deliver to EU. Not sure where else you'd get one but if you find out let me know.

magick wrote: »

Nevar !!

IMG_0102800x600.jpg

and

p1000563cn1.jpg
    p10000681jb6.jpg

Thats certainly not bland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

tazire wrote: »
    have used the p180 a few years back. loved the case. top notch. im on the antec 900-2 now. love this case also air flow is top notch wit a monster of a fan on top u cant go wrong. also its big enough to fit my coolermaster v8 cooler into! bit noisier than the p180 but it doesnt bother me wit my head fones.

Hi tazire, I am consdering the 900-2 or the 1200. Is there much diff between the two other than the extra drive bays?

I have the P182 Mirror Edition. Great case but for some reason the front USB thingies are not working.

they a prity much the same case just 900-2 is smaller. i love it. its a good bit louder than the p180 though. also had the same port problem as u on my p180. 900-2 is a lovely case would defo recommend it. at same time though if ur not planing to overclock id probably stick with the p182 for the nice quietness.

they a prity much the same case just 900-2 is smaller. i love it. its a good bit louder than the p180 though. also had the same port problem as u on my p180. 900-2 is a lovely case would defo recommend it. at same time though if ur not planing to overclock id probably stick with the p182 for the nice quietness.

Well I might dabble with a bit of overclocking but not at the moment as I know little about it!

900-2 sounds like the better option.

How is your Titanium by the way? I have the extremegamer.

Anti wrote:
    Nevar !!

+1. TJ07 FTW!

One of the very few cases where a triple radiator is "Plug and Play" rather than "HandiSaw Time" :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

im gonna go ahead and say my coolermaster 690 is the best :pac:

cm690_nvidia_angle_right.jpg

ah yeah, i like the nzxt cases, looks classy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Solitaire wrote: »
    +1. TJ07 FTW!

One of the very few cases where a triple radiator is "Plug and Play" rather than "HandiSaw Time" :D

pfff triple I have a Feser 480 sitting in mine along with a swiftech double rad sitting behind it.

py2006 wrote: »
    Well I might dabble with a bit of overclocking but not at the moment as I know little about it!

900-2 sounds like the better option.

How is your Titanium by the way? I have the extremegamer.

yeah the titanium is nice. i doubt its worth the extra money tbh. but then again the last sound card i had was the audigy 2zs. which for the price was awsome.

• Advertisement

Actually, the CoolerMaster 922 ("Mini-HAF") is a real Marmite job. Personally I love it, looks like it wants to start screaming "SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!" and running around the floor lol.gif

yeah the titanium is nice. i doubt its worth the extra money tbh. but then again the last sound card i had was the audigy 2zs. which for the price was awsome.

Prob not worth an upgrade so?

Mac daddy wrote: »
    pfff triple I have a Feser 480 sitting in mine along with a swiftech double rad sitting behind it.

pics or gtfo :D

Actually, the CoolerMaster 922 ("Mini-HAF") is a real Marmite job. Personally I love it, looks like it wants to start screaming "SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!" and running around the floor lol.gif

actually i didnt even know it was out until this post. you could say its haf of the orginal ! ohh see what i did there?!

anyway yes i must say i like the look of it, i saw the orginal haf up close and personal and its way too big imo

magick wrote:
    i saw the orginal haf up close and personal and its way too big imo

Actually, the Mini-HAF is friggin' huge for a mid-tower, the height is an optical illusion caused by the exceptional width compared to, oh, any other mid-tower evar :p

Then again, for under €100 on HWVS you can get a giant, silent, brooding black monolith that glows red and includes not just the inevitable 120mm exhaust, but also packs two 700RPM 200mm fans for the price. Good times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

my first build i opted for the jeantech aqua

http://www.xcase.co.uk/p/326702/jeantech-aqua-midi-atx-gaming-case---no-psu.html

the fugger weighs a ton and i only got 1 hdd and 1 dvd drive in it, gota fill the other slots in her soon

JeanTech Aqua... Judging from configuration I'm guessing its a (rather attractive) Silverstone clone (oddball 80mm fan locations almost same as Temjin-05)

Sadly ironic that the only case with an attractive ventilated case door only has the one 120mm fan lurking behind it - bit of a missed opportunity :o

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Actually, the Mini-HAF is friggin' huge for a mid-tower, the height is an optical illusion caused by the exceptional width compared to, oh, any other mid-tower evar :p

Then again, for under €100 on HWVS you can get a giant, silent, brooding black monolith that glows red and includes not just the inevitable 120mm exhaust, but also packs two 700RPM 200mm fans for the price. Good times :D

I was looking to buy a nice solid case and I was quite impressed by your review. After looking on the net I decided to go to Peats and buy it...
    When I got the box I was a bit suspicious but I thought it was all "wrapping"

Well I realized when i got home that the one sold in Peats is actually the 932 : a huge full tower monster! :eek:

I will need to tailor the panels of my desk to find enough room for it :D..oh well I love it anyway!!!

Mind you, there's just one digit difference in the two names, but still... wouldn't the equally monolithic pricetag have given you a clue? :p

• Advertisement

darconio wrote: »
    I was looking to buy a nice solid case and I was quite impressed by your review. After looking on the net I decided to go to Peats and buy it...
    When I got the box I was a bit suspicious but I thought it was all "wrapping"

Well I realized when i got home that the one sold in Peats is actually the 932 : a huge full tower monster! :eek:

I will need to tailor the panels of my desk to find enough room for it :D..oh well I love it anyway!!!

can we get pics of the beast?

Advertisement