Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS/Xhtml - Having trouble with layout.

Options
  • 08-05-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Basically I wanted to have a navigation bar with buttons, and I'm using Gimp 2.0 for my graphics. So I created one, but then realised mapping is not really an option due to having to re-edit all the text in the graphic or re-editing the graphic buttons.

So I scrapped the bar, margined the 800px width website so it's centered, and have a layout of links in a table to the left.
    What i want to do is the same on the right hand side leaving the middle free to enter in text and updates and what not.
    The second table is not level with the first table as it starts two levels down.

How can I level them? If you can help with a solution in CSS or XHTML it would be much appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What are the tables for ?

Could you lose them and use floated divs (the current best-practice) instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

I could, but I'm new to CSS and having trouble implementing layouts.
    What I want would be to have columns of links on either side, and the colour outside of the margin to be grey..
    Other than that I can handle it for the most part...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

3 divs is what u need so buddy..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

How exactly do I go about implementing 3 Divs so that they are positions side by side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

This tutorial is a really good explanation of CSS float tutorials:
    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/
    The last part of the tutorial specifically:
    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/tutorial0901.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Those are great tutorials. Floating is the bane of my life!

Advertisement