Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery left in an aeg (plugged in)

Options
  • 08-05-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Title says it all - i left it i for errr emmm :o:o:o :o two weeks :D:rolleyes: How much damage have i done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Title says it all - i left it i for errr emmm :o:o:o :o two weeks :D:rolleyes: How much damage have i done?

None, once the trigger wasn't compressed thus releasing power it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

so it doesnt damage ur gun at all then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

People say it damages it if u leave it in when your not using it but i always leave it in i hope am not messing it up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

People say it damages it if u leave it in when your not using it but i always leave it in i hope am not messing it up..

If the battery is dead then you're not. If it isn't then the damage is still minimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

But how does it damage it and what parts does it damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Tbh I'd say theres more damage caused taking it out, damaging the cable and the connection as you take it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

How much damage does your mobile phone receive if you leave the battery in and the phone turned off?

It doesn't make a difference to be honest, I leave batteries in my AEGs all the time and never had a problem.

What can cause a problem is if you leave the spring compressed it can weaken the spring and also puts unnecessary stress on the gearbox. Always shoot your AEG a couple of times in semi-auto to ensure the spring is not being compressed before you store it.

Advertisement