Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen Design

• 08-05-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

I am at the kitchen stage (now i mean looking at the design)

I am lost, what do i do?

do I walk in to a kitchen place and ask them?
    do they design one for me? taking in mind the presses we need etc.. finish?
    will they give me the design so I can take it to other places to get other prices?
    or do they charge for designing one for a house?
    or do I have to do up a new design with every kitchen place I walk in to.

Thanks
    LNB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

MrLNB wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

I am at the kitchen stage (now i mean looking at the design)

I am lost, what do i do?

1 do I walk in to a kitchen place and ask them?
    2 do they design one for me? taking in mind the presses we need etc.. finish?
    3 will they give me the design so I can take it to other places to get other prices?
    4 or do they charge for designing one for a house?
    5 or do I have to do up a new design with every kitchen place I walk in to.

Thanks
    LNB
    1 yes
    2 yes
    3 normally not
    4 normally not
    5 normally yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

MrLNB,
    If you don't need the kitchen before July, I would like to challenge you with an IKEA kitchen with my own design. I would however advice you to shop around and get quotes from kitchen suppliers. Following that my challenge would be to provide you with an unique design based in IKEA units, at a lower price.
    <Snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hey, we won't be at that stage for a while but we were curious to see what kind of layout we could use because our kitchen is a bit of an odd shape. We went into B&Q one Sunday and the guy designed our kitchen there and gave us a quote including a detailed list of the types and sizes of presses they would use along with 3d image of the kitchen. It was mad expensive quote but it certainly was a benefician trip. We now have an idea as what the layout of our kitchen will be such as layout of all the appliances, location of larder presses etc. Can't imagine us buying our kitchen there but the staff were knowledgeable and helpful. You need to book an appointment and it took an hour and a half! The guy also explained loads of things that we never knew existed. You can try to do it on their website if your kitchen is a fairly standard layout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Hey, we won't be at that stage for a while but we were curious to see what kind of layout we could use because our kitchen is a bit of an odd shape.

Are you sure?

We've been doing the rounds of the kitchen places lately and got some good tips - such as making sure the UFH isn't under the kitchen cabinets or islands - not so good for food storage that. You've also to consider the look of flooring, cabinets and worktops.

There's lots of online kitchen planners: Alno for instance
    http://www.alno.de/alnosys3/267.0.fr.html?PHPSESSID=e67193d7e0fca3501ed80cbe7283ba3a

These can be used as a starter to work a rough design before you go near showrooms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ye, we are conscious of that. We're putting in an island as well so that issue popped up there - also venitilation and wiring for cooker hood have been addressed. Well spotted all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Where are you based MrLNB? The Kitchen Center in Douglas, Cork gave me a savage looking 3d design off my plans for nothing.

Cash and Carry in Cork will do same.

Advertisement