Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you feel about downloading music?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I do still buy cds, but just nearly as often, there's a couple of bands whose stuff I almost collect, but generally I just download stuff.

I will be buying Suicide Season Cut Up the day it comes out, and probably the newest Fightstar album at the gig if go.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Considering I paid for about €100 worth of music on iTunes, only to find that when I reformated I was to lose it all with no redownoad available at all, from know on I will either be buying CD's or not paying at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

zoom! wrote: »
    Considering I paid for about €100 worth of music on iTunes, only to find that when I reformated I was to lose it all with no redownoad available at all, from know on I will either be buying CD's or not paying at all.

horror story! that's terrible!

My friends brother lost 35,000 songs on his computer before with a virus from limewire. He had downloaded them all illegaly so he didn't lose a penny but he still had to redownload all those cd's. I'd cry tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad wrote: »
    I do still buy cds, but just nearly as often, there's a couple of bands whose stuff I almost collect, but generally I just download stuff.

I will be buying Suicide Season Cut Up the day it comes out, and probably the newest Fightstar album at the gig if go.

+1 on the buying CD's from small bands

Took me awhile to really love Be Human. I downloaded when it leaked and thought while good it was very different. Still bought it on release day.

Quite looking forward to that gig though. I've never seen them live before because of reason or another, the setlists have been pretty interesting lately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Craguls wrote: »
    +1 on the buying CD's from small bands

Took me awhile to really love Be Human. I downloaded when it leaked and thought while good it was very different. Still bought it on release day.

Quite looking forward to that gig though. I've never seen them live before because of reason or another, the setlists have been pretty interesting lately too.

Saw them on the Kerrang Tour, they were good (Set had a lot of tech problems though). Would have liked to have seen them in The Academy 2 (Never been down there!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad wrote: »
    Saw them on the Kerrang Tour, they were good (Set had a lot of tech problems though). Would have liked to have seen them in The Academy 2 (Never been down there!)

I was there for the Trinner's Freshers ball last Tuesday it's seriously tiny, about half the size of the Academy at best. Would've been really cool for an acoustic set alas if I get Lost Like Tears in Rain I'll be a very very happy camper.

On a more On topic note; I don't usually download but the amount of new stuff I've been discovering lately it's hard to find the money to keep buying cds. That said if I like something I'd always try to go to the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I chucked all my CD's in the bin a while ago - dust collecters and space taker uppers, last one I bought though must have been near 10 years ago,

Download everything - with a decent connection you can get pretty much any album in 10 minutes so you can consider your album collection to be huge, you don't even have to store the mp3's just download again when you want to listen to it again.

Advertisement