Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood Gasification Boilers???????

• 08-05-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi
    Just heard about a guy in my area installing one of these.
    Suppose to heat 2000litres of water in just 3 1/2 hours firing. Water then keeps warm for 24 hours.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rp1yBpP3&feature=related

Like there your reviews of it.
    Retails @€;4600

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

We've been installing gasification boilers for years, probably one of the most efficient forms of wood heating around. An good Aurstian boiler (approx EUR8,000) would have efficiencies up to 94% where as a cheaper Eastern block alternative (approx EUR 3,500) would have an efficiency of arouns 80%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

How suited to under floor heating are they?
    Currently have a geothermal heat pump and not as happy as i thought i would be. So hence the looking around and enquiring.

They work very well with under floor because the mixing valve on the manifold will only trickle the heat from the buffer tank. Will work longer as well becuase it can make use of lower heat in the buffer tank than radiators can.

Thanks for that advice. Some see this blokes one working.

If you want to see one working for real send me a PM with details of where you live and I can organise a visit to the nearest system to you.

• Advertisement

I live in Cork area but ill keep your website saved and contact you in due course.

Advertisement